Friday, December 12, 2008

doing better

I just have a minute but I wanted to update everyone on things here. I appreciate all of the emails and prayers! Ash slept all night long, so did Allie. Thank you Lord! I checked on him at 10:30 pm, and he was still a little warm. Checked him again at 2 am and he was cool. I got up at 8 am with a sore throat and stuffy head, ahhhhh now it's mama's turn. Asher got up shortly after me and had NO FEVER and felt like playing a little with his new Lego toy. He also wanted juice but has not wanted to eat anything (it is now almost 10 am). His nose already looks better from just the one dose of the antibiotic ointment, and he has taken his morning antibiotic - the Augmentin is 2x day and the Zithromax is only 1x. The nose ointment is also 2x a day. Allie got up a bit before 9 am and thankfully NO VOMIT! Still no fever as well. The challenge today will be keeping the two of them apart as much as possible. I did go ahead and give her a dose of Phenergen this morning just in case. So far she has had juice and part of a banana. I am feeling strange with the stuffy head, and have already taken Tylenol and Mucinex. John is doing better and will have a full day today, but isn't on call today or this weekend so he should be home by 3 pm. The electrician is coming to work today, thank goodness - we need to get this generator installed! If we have an ice storm/power outage with it sitting out there not hooked up, I will be so mad! lol The power will not be turned off today, so the most annoying thing will be the hammering/cutting. God is so good. I am grateful for His protection over this family!