Monday, January 5, 2009
January = BE
I was in a hurry yesterday typing out the post, anxious to at least make contact and update a bit on here, after being absent for so many days. My word of the month for January is "be". The definition of be is on my sidebar, but for those of you who receive this via email, I will define it here: be (v.) - to occupy a place, to occur, to exist. This is a broad term to me. But I will combine this word with my overall word of the year, contentment, and by doing so this is how I want to honor it this first month of the new year: I will BE satisfied with my life and where I am RIGHT NOW, it is not a bad thing to have goals and look ahead, as long as I am not missing out on the present. Going on vacation and being away from the responsibilities of running a house and keeping up with the farm helped me focus on my children and being more in the moment - playing, being silly, slowing down, listening, focusing, loving, bonding, appreciating. All of these things and more. I am a planner, an organizer, a doer. It is hard for me to not be busy, to not be looking to the next thing. I have a hard time falling asleep, because my mind doesn't want to shut down even when I am exhausted. I will work on just BEING this month.
I am so grateful for my best friend, Ginger. We started the words last January, and I truly believe it has helped my focus in everyday life. We are doing the same words together this year as well, for the months. Her "one little word" for the year is different than mine, same as last year. I know that together we will encourage and support each other and I have a feeling that this time next year (2010!) we will be just as pleased with our growth and accomplishments as we are right now, looking back on the previous year.
Welcome January 2009!!!