Monday, January 12, 2009

Start of a new week.

My grandma is still hanging on. She has been off the vent since 2:30 PST yesterday. She has a pic line for morphine but otherwise no IV fluids, antibiotics, nourishment, etc. She is on "comfort care" only. The body is resilient and I know she could hang on for days, but for her sake and everyone involved I hope not. I don't want her to suffer. But I know it is up to God now and that He has it under control and I will continue to pray for comfort and peace. I appreciate so much all of the prayer and support! I finally finished cropping/resizing/uploading the pics of my December scrapbook layouts. I have sent them out on Snapfish as there were 21 of them and I didn't want to overload it here! If you would like to see them but aren't on the Snapfish list, please comment or email and let me know. Also if you would like to be added to the general picture sharing list on Snapfish let me know. This week, my Scripture is from John 16:33 and is very fitting I think. It came to me while talking with my dad this morning. "I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world." And the quote of the week is: Wherever you go, no matter what the weather, always bring your own sunshine. ~Anthony J. D'Angelo John is feeling better, finally. Still a touch of a sore throat and he just lazed around all weekend being kind of blah, but when you are sick, that's the way it goes! I was just glad he wasn't on call and could rest. He had off last Monday and Friday and a half day off on Wednesday! We are so grateful for the reprieves. Allie actually fell asleep right away for her nap and I want to head into the craft room for a bit, so I'm going to sign off here!