Monday, March 30, 2009

Get serious!

I sit down at the computer with every intention of working on account stuff, but it's so hard to get serious when there are so many other more fun things to do! Like Facebook, I love that site, keeping up with all sorts of friends, all over the country. And Farm Town. That's a new application on Facebook that I started playing but didn't spend too much time on last week. Then this morning, I actually took some time to check out different things on it and try to learn the ropes a bit. I mean, I have a real life farm to take care of, but this one is fun and several of my friends play as well. Before I know it, an hour has passed and I haven't even begun my "work". I did get some crafty things done this past weekend. I actually have gotten a lot of scrapbook layouts completed this month as well - THIRTEEN! My (best friend) Ginger and I decided we are going to challenge each other every month creatively. For the month of March we challenged each other to create a layout for each of our children (she has a boy and girl, same ages as my two) documenting the things they are into, whether it be right now or even months or years ago if we had the journaling to support it but just never got around to scrappin' it. She and I both use scrapbooking like a baby book, with the typical milestones like new teeth (and soon lost teeth!), new words, walking, etc. So! I created a layout for Allie titled *right now. Here it is! I then created a layout for Asher's album centered around the interview I did with him. I thought I was finished, and felt quite proud of myself. LOL. But then I had these other pics of Asher reading that I loved, and I had some other stuff I had documented about him "right now" that I wanted to get in the scrapbook, so I created another layout for him also titled *right now. OK, Ginger! Your turn! :) This weekend I made some more flower pens, but I haven't taken pics of those yet. I have been stocking up on some pretty Spring flowers and was ready to play with them. I love creating those. And I made a couple of hairbows. One I am not very happy with. The other turned out cute for my first try I guess. LOL. Here it is, in Allie's hair this morning. It's kind of big for a side sweep but I didn't feel like putting her hair up in a ponytail this morning, plus I wanted to test the no-slip grip I attached to the clip and the best way is to see how it holds on the side (so far so good!). While I am uploading pics, I guess I will go ahead and put my other layouts I have gotten done this month! One of my yearly goals was to get 2006 completely scrapbooked. I did it! Here is my dad and Asher fishing together when we were in Bull Shoals, AR in May of 2006. The left side of a two page layout, pics from our Arkansas visit in Nov 2006. Asher loves playing in Grandpa's truck! Right side of the Nov 2006 AR visit. I love these pictures of John's side of the family! Taken in Illinois during our December (after Christmas) visit in 2006. Christmas 2006 Photo Shoot. St Patrick Preschool Christmas Party, Dec 2006. The summer of 2007, Asher ate this breakfast so many times! I am really pleased with this layout. I had so many pictures of Asher turning 4 yet I was able to keep it a one page layout! He had his first Kid Party at McD's a few days before his actual birthday, and then we had a small party at our new home on the farm on the actual day of his birthday. I got the idea for this layout from a magazine and altered it to suit me. And finally, I have been wanting to scrap this next layout for months! Ginger and her two kiddos came to Kentucky for a visit in June 2008. She and I both love the Wii and she had brought the newly released MarioKart and I was immediately hooked! The only time we could play in peace though was at night when everyone was in bed. :) Made for some late nights as it can be quite addicting, but it was worth it! We had so much fun. All of the pictures were taken by us as John was long asleep! OK, real quick - the weekend went by way too fast and was really nice and relaxing. John got up early Saturday to fire up the new smoker. There is a learning curve as it is so different (and better) than the old one. Everything turned out fabulous though! We smoked 3 slabs of spareribs, 1 slab of baby backs, and a pork shoulder butt. We experimented with a new rub, I experimented with our sauce recipe, and I made a new coleslaw recipe. We had our friends Casey and Denetra over with their little girl Brie who is 4 months younger than Allie. Allie and Asher both LOVE Brie! We had a great time visiting and John and I were so grateful the food turned out as they were our total guinea pigs! At least with the sides they brought and the sides we had we wouldn't have starved. LOL. Sunday we just vegged. Asher started with a cough and chest congestion again. It sounded worse this morning. I am getting ready to call the doctor's office and talk with the ped to see what he thinks. Also, the allergy count is really high in our area and Ash was sneezing some, too. I have a feeling allergies may start presenting in him this year. :(