Thursday, April 2, 2009
April = CREATE
Welcome April!
I wanted to blog yesterday, it being April 1st and all, and get my OLW (one little word) out there for April and wrap up March's. However, I was way too busy playing Farm Town on Facebook for such matters. LOL. That game is silly but entertaining! I love interacting with my friends who are also farmers, working on their farms, chatting, and also building up my own farm. It's a bit addicting but all in good fun!
So! Goodbye March! What a month you were. The first week Asher had pneumonia for the second time this winter. The second week Allie was admitted to the hospital with the Rotavirus. The third week John was on vacation and Asher was on Spring Break. The fourth week was actually uneventful. And that about sums it up. LOL.
The OLW for March was INVITE, and wow that was a hard one for me as I knew it would be. I did host Playgroup and also had friends over for dinner, although to be fair they asked us first. LOL. As outgoing and talkative as most of you know I am, I have become more of a homebody in my own world. And it's not that I don't enjoy socializing. I do! I guess with all we have going on it's just easier sometimes to be hermits.
Now, there are a few definitions to the word INVITE, and one of them is "to encourage". I thought that was interesting. I finished (for now, it's a work in progress) reorganizing my craft room, with a goal to not only de-clutter so I could CREATE but to also pull some supplies and make a kid craft tote and an area for Asher to come in and craft with me. My craft room has pretty much been off limits to those under 5 ft tall. That is my space, my sanctuary. But, I knew I needed to let go of that a bit and INVITE Asher into that space, and have that time together to craft one-on-one, like we used to do all the time. I miss that. So, by reorganizing I was able to do that, and he crafted with me several times when he was home Spring Break week, and I was able to enjoy him in there without feeling panic that he was going to slice his finger open on my cutter or squeeze out all the Stickles glitter everywhere. I had to let go of selfishness and enjoy the time I had with him when I could have it with him. He is at school the majority of the time, and when she is napping and he is at school, then that is my craft time. But when he is home, I have to shift priorities.
OK I am rambling. My point is, I am glad we made it through March in one piece, and I have really been looking forward to April and my OLW for it - CREATE! Now THAT is a word I can relate to! :)
I mentioned in a previous post that my friend Ginger and I are challenging one another each month creatively. For the month of April, in honor of our OLW, we are challenging each other to CREATE something that we have never done before. Whether it's a new technique, or a whole new craft medium. Ginger already knows one thing she wants to do, and I also have in mind a couple of different things I have been wanting to experiment with.
Scripture of the Month:
For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb. Psalm 139:13
April = CREATE
create (v.)
~to put into existence
~to manufacture
~to design
~to be creative, imaginative
~to cause
Quote of the Month:
Creativity requires the courage to let go of uncertainties. ~Erich Fromm
Wow. I am excited for this month! I love that Easter is coming as well. And SPRING is here. Flowers will be blooming, new life will be forming, and the Earth will come alive with God's Creation. I am so thankful God gave us minds to CREATE!