Wednesday, March 4, 2009

still home

It's Wednesday, and we are all still pretty sickly around here. John and I are still struggling with the sinus issues. Ash still has the flu, although thankfully we seem to be past the stomach part of it. Fever, achy body and no appetite are what his symptoms are. Allie is the healthiest of the 4 of us, but yesterday when she woke up from her nap she was crying and seemed overly fussy the rest of the evening, so we will see how today goes. We had planned for Asher to be back at school today but early morning fever/chills/achy stopped that and sent him back to bed. It is 8:45 am and they are both asleep. So many people are sick, all over the place! Friends on Facebook and blogs I keep up with, spread out all over the country, are fighting all this illness. Is it just me or does it seem especially bad this year?? Oh how wonderful it would be if a universal flu vaccine was developed! On a happy note. I have totally kicked bootie on Wii Sports tennis and have finally reached Pro status. Woohoo! I love that game and am totally addicted. I am still doing my WiiFit at least 3x a week and notice when I go a few days without doing the Yoga/Stretching exercises that my back starts getting stiff. I haven't been to the chiropractor since mid-Jan, I usually go every other Wednesday but either me or Allie or Asher have been sick or the weather was bad (icy) every Wednesday since then! I had hoped to go today but no such luck! The other days of the week that I could go when John would be home, she isn't there! That's the way it goes I guess. Our plans for Spring Break are still up in the air. We haven't decided on a thing yet. So far that week all we have planned is on the Monday (the 16th) the kids have their dental appointments, which is about an hour south of us. I have had to reschedule 3 or 4 times so I really hope they are healthy that day. Otherwise we are going to wait and see what the weather holds and how we are all feeling to decide what to do (if anything) that week. There will be plenty of farm things to keep us busy if we stay close to home. We might make a day trip to an indoor water park or zoo or something.