Monday, March 2, 2009

March = INVITE

March, coming in like a lion, and we can only hope it will go out like a lamb! I always thought that was a funny saying, but it is usually true. lol As usual with my new month post, I can't believe how fast the previous month went by. February was no exception, and with it being a few days shorter anyway, that was especially true! I feel like I honored my One Little Word, EMBRACE, pretty well. I wish we all hadn't been sick so much of the month, but not much I can do about that! We had fun together as a family, with special outings and school things. Valentine's Day gets more and more special as the children grow. I was pretty diligent with my WiiFit, even with all of the illness. I memorized my weekly Scriptures and feel good overall with the month! Now, onto March! March's One Little Word is INVITE. A strange one for me, in a way. The list of words my best friend (that does this with me for those that don't know) and I are using this year was inspired from a website of a scrapbooker we both adore, Ali Edwards. So we didn't actually sit down and choose each word month by month like we did for 2008, they were basically picked for us and we said, OK we will do it this way and own each word, each month, and apply it to our own lives. So! Invite it is! The definition I have for Invite is on my sidebar, but here it is: ~to request formally ~to encourage ~to ask for the presence or participation of someone I honestly am not sure in what all ways I will use this word this month. I didn't even remember what the word was until I sat down this morning in the office to get some work done, lol! So obviously I haven't had too much time to think on it. But think on it I will. I already knew I wanted to work on connecting more with other moms, ones I already know and new ones. I like the definition, to encourage. I think that's neat. I want to encourage respect, friendship, love, and overall the bigger picture among my family and friends. The quote this week is from Oprah: "I think that when you invite others into your home, you invite them to yourself." I love that! I enjoy having people over, for coffee or playdates, and sharing my home with them. And this week's Scripture is from Luke 14:10 ~ But when you are invited, take the lowest place, so that when your host comes, he will say to you, "Friend, move up to a better place." Then you will be honored in the presence of all your fellow guests. I am trying to find Scripture's each week that relate to the One Little Word for the month or the overall 2009 word, which is STILL, unless I come across a Scripture during the week while reading the Bible that speaks loud and clear to me! Here is the photo for this week, it is one I shared in the last post and a definite favorite! Asher stayed home from school today. Friday afternoon he did get to go to Pizza Hut for the special reading reward with his teacher and a few other classmates. We all three went to pick him up around 4:45 pm. On the way Allie starts having terrible stomach cramping and diarrhea. By the time we pick him up and head home, she has had 3 blowouts and then Asher is complaining of stomach pain! He didn't eat much at lunch or at Pizza Hut. Within a few hours, he had diarrhea and she had a couple more blowouts as well, it was terrible! We finally got them settled in for the night, but around 10 pm, Ash woke up just burning up with fever and crying deliriously. I got him calmed down, but around 10:45 pm I heard him in the bathroom and he was calling for me. I leaped out of bed and poor kid was getting sick. Worse yet, he wasn't able to make it in time and worse than that, he had fruit punch at Pizza Hut and we had a lovely shade of purple vomit all over the carpet in his room! AAAAHHHH!!! John also got up and he got to work on clean-up duty while I helped Ash in the bathroom. Poor kid! Finally we all got back to bed around 11:30 pm and we expected to be up again most of the night, but thankfully Ash slept through. The next morning, Saturday, he did have another vomiting episode (thankfully he made it this time!) but nothing else the rest of the day. Still was feverish. Sat night it sleeted/freezing rain. So, no church even if we had been well. Ash seemed to be better most of Sunday. Thankfully so far no one else has thrown up, and Allie got over her diarrhea issues by Saturday. John and I are both fighting a head sinus thing that is pretty miserable. The sun was out all day and melted what little buildup of ice there was. We all went to bed Sunday night expecting to have a school day today. Well, at 3 am I hear Asher crying and he is burning up again and literally delirious again! Argh! I called the ped's office and he is staying home tomorrow as well, and thankfully they are faxing over an excuse for him. OK, gotta run!