Monday, April 27, 2009
Another week...
I have been neglecting the blog a bit! Let's get caught up.
First, some cute things of the children. Allie has gone through several sayings over the last couple of months that are just hilarious. She will say things (all in perfect context) like:
"There. That's better."
"Oh geez!"
"Allie back hurts." - while one hand on lower back shuffling around - mimicking Mommy! LOL
"OKAY!"
"Ooooooooooooo."
"gasp!" - don't know how to write the sound - but it's a deep intake of breath.
"Come here! Hurry!!!"
"See ya!"
I know there are a couple more I am forgetting! This is what happens when I don't get on here for a week!
There was also something Asher said a few weeks ago that I have wanted to get down. He and I were just relaxing watching TV after school; John wasn't home, and Allie was still napping. Out of the blue Asher started singing, "Who ya gonna call if ya got a bee swarm? My dad. My dad." He repeated it over and over while bee-bopping his head. I was totally cracking up. He loves helping John with those bees, even though he has gotten stung a few times now. He came home from school last week with a paper that he had written, "I can help miy dad with the bes." and had drawn him and John in their bee suits and also beehives and bees buzzing around. It was adorable. Of course I saved it! :)
Last week John was on vacation, and wow did he get a lot done outside here on the farm. Our fence workers were here all day Tues - Fri and got a ton accomplished. I am so pleased with how the fence is coming along. They still have a few more work days for sure before it is done. It is 4000 feet of fenceline plus a corral. We have divided it into 3 pastures for rotational grazing. It looks so amazing and we are already dreaming of how the cows will look! :)
John planted the entire raspberry field, I think he got in around 175 plants. He also finished the strawberry patch which was 400 I believe. That is an experiment that I hope works. The black fabric stuff that we put down first has been a royal pain to keep down in the wind, and our hope is that once the plants are bigger they will anchor it down along with the pins. For now we have boards and concrete blocks covering the entire area and it looks all crazy!
Yesterday we planted 2 rows of sweet onions - I didn't count them but it was about 3 bunches. We wanted to go to Lowe's and get some more plants, but by the time we got out of the house after Allie's nap it was too late to make it. We decided to not hit up WalMart, that we would just wait. He is back to work today and on call, and is on call again Wed. Plus it is supposed to rain starting tomorrow the rest of the week. Which is not good news for our fence building, but we'll take that rain!
Friday after the Y Allie and I went to Lowe's and got some rubber mulch for around the kids playset. I also got a couple of decorative ferns for the back deck and also a couple of Yellow African Daisies for the front porch. I even bought a hydrangea plant and put it in the ground as well as a new large grass that I planted at the corner of the shop and where the propane tank is, to help hide it once it grows. We tried to plant grasses there last year but they didn't survive the cold. The one I got this time is cold hardy to like -20 so we should be good. LOL. Friday was gorgeous day! We stayed outside until 7:30p I think!
Saturday we hosted a going-away party for one of the moms in our playgroup. She is moving back to California and we will miss her terribly! Her little guy, Jake, I have blogged about before. That's one of Allie's best buds and I know she will miss him! We had a great turnout at the party and had beautiful outside weather. The kids took tractor and 4 wheeler rides and we all just enjoyed being out.
Time to go wait for Ash to get off the bus - this week we have playgroup tomorrow and then on Wed the Y and the Chiro, then Thursday Storytime and Friday the Y in the morning then in the evening Asher's school is having their Spring Fling that we are going to and I am volunteering at the Little Miss Manicure Shop booth. Should be a hoot! Saturday Asher starts his first formal swim lessons that I am excited about! He has come a long way with just us teaching him, but he definitely needs some finessing. :)