Tuesday, April 28, 2009

More funnies.

I started thinking of the other funny things Allie says yesterday evening and this morning, and jotted them down right away! "Ready? Set? GO!!!" "What's this?" or "What's that" - she is sooo curious about EVERYTHING! From noises to when I am unpacking groceries. Then when you tell her what it is, she will say, "Oooohhhhhh." "Alright!!!" - while pumping her fist up and down in the air, like GO ME! "I Did It!" - this goes along with Alright! "Awwwwww Man!" - when something doesn't go right "Hocus, Pocus!" - and then spins around and falls down laughing "Heeeeeyyyyy!" - when you take something away she isn't supposed to have, or basically do anything she doesn't like. This is accompanied by a furrowed brow and frown. "Messy, messy Allie!" - whenever she is, well, messy! What a doll! Most of the time! :) This has been a good month for crafting. April's OLW is CREATE after all. At the crop I went to a couple of Saturdays ago, I worked on an album, along with another playgroup mom, for the mom in our playgroup that is moving. We completed 20 layouts that day, 12x12 size! It was amazing. We had a great time creating the album, and then we presented it to her and her husband and little boy this past Saturday at the Send Off Party. They were speechless. I am so glad we took the time to create it for them. There's nothing like giving a gift you made yourself. In all the hustle and bustle of the week and getting ready for the party I totally forgot to take pictures of the pages, and am still kicking myself! However, my friend said when they got settled in California she would take pics for me. A handful of people from the group didn't get a chance to see it. Speaking of gifts, I have been working on a couple of projects this month for Asher's teacher's little girl who turned 1 this month. I was able to finish up last week and am still undecided if I will make matching hairbows for the dress. The little one has no hair as of now but of course that will change in time. LOL. The dress is a "pillowcase" dress, and the ribbons are adjustable meaning her little girl will get many years of use out of it. I even tried to make some cropped pants to coordinate with it, but it was my first time to do that and the pattern was a joke so I winged it. I have to finish the waistband but I don't think it is "gift-worthy". LOL. Anyway, here is the dress! And here is the blanket and lovey. Her little girl's name is Olivia and therefore they love Olivia the Pig. I was able to find this soft flannel fabric that says "olivia" all over it with silhouettes of Olivia the Pig doing various activities. It is backed with Black Minky Dot. So cute! John got beat up on call yesterday, and the timing was terrible as he has been battling a sinus/cold/allergy deal and is run down. He was able to leave early today though, and went to Lowe's and the Mill for supplies for the fence. While at Lowe's he went ahead and got some vegetable plants. And since rain was coming around lunchtime and isn't expected to leave for several days, that meant the garden rows needed to be tilled up and the plants put in this morning. So out he went to do that, and Allie and I joined him outside around 11. He put in 22 tomato plants, I think 6 green pepper plants, and a row of squash/zucchini - not sure how many that is, maybe 15? This has only taken up half of the garden, but it is really all we want and will eat. So no we're trying to figure out what to do with the other half. We did corn last year, but the deer and raccoons demolished that and the cleanup of the corn stalks is a big pain. Maybe a pumpkin or watermelon patch? I also weeded around all of the grapevines and only one didn't make it. They are in rows of 3 and I can't remember now how many rows we have. LOL. We really need to make a map of this place! I think we have 6 rows. OK, John and Allie are both napping and I am going to try to hit the craft room until bus time! :)