Tuesday, May 5, 2009

change, change

OK, most of you all know that I do the OLW with my BFF Ginger. Well apparently she found a better definition of CONNECT than I did, and I love it! So I am reverting back to CONNECT as my OLW and adding the definition she found as well as keeping the other one for CONNECTION. Hey it's all intertwined anyway, right?? I was able to get some hair clippies made yesterday. My first priority was to make a coordinating set to go with the Pillowcase Dress I gave to Asher's teacher's little one. I wanted to have that done but ran out of time, then I thought, Well she doesn't have much hair yet, but she will grow more hair and I just couldn't stand to NOT make these for her. So, here they are. Oh, I put them on a piece of the folded fabric to show the coordination. :) *Note - I ended up trimming the ends to make these a bit smaller. Ooooh, aren't they so cute??? I love doing the Corker Clippies because they are so darn cute, but they can be a pain! LOL John is home today. Thankfully his call day yesterday was a breeze. He was home before lunch and then didn't have to go back. Can't ask for better than that! He is outside now doing farm stuff with the tractor - so much to do - so little time. :) Allie is definitely on the mend. She hasn't said her ear hurts again since Sunday night. She is 2 days in on the antibiotic. Acting fine and eating fine! Yesterday afternoon, once Asher was home from school, we spent some time outside. We had to do more maintenance on the Strawberry Patch - several plants didn't stay up through their holes in the black fabric stuff, so we had to pull them through and then weight down the fabric even more than it already is. John also had gotten some flag stick things at Lowe's and marked every single raspberry plant as some are not but 3 inch tall sticks. Very hard to see in that field and even harder to mow around. It looks kind cool now, an entire field of orange flags! LOL. I was going to take pictures, but instead took out my sketchbook and worked on sketching out parts of the farm for posterity, and because our memories are terrible! So far I have done the front part, where the house and fields and new fence and dogwood trees are; the strawberry patch, each type of plant, how many rows, when planted; the raspberry field, how many rows, when planted, and some of what kind as we already can't remember. I will have to look up in the tax binder where I file all of the receipts to see the different varieties we ordered, and even then it will just be jotted down what varieties, not necessarily each exact plant (which would have been nice). The blueberries, grapes, and orchard trees will be next to sketch out. A cute thing Ash said over the weekend that John told me about last night, then I am logging off - need to get crafting while I have the chance! :) John: What do you think we should get Mommy for Mother's Day? Ash: Something really special......like a sewing machine! Hehehe, he's right, I would love a SERGER sewing machine although I won't be holding my breath! John is like, didn't you just get a sewing machine?? Well John, don't you need lots of different although somewhat similar tools? :)