I wanted to blog Sunday, as I knew I wouldn't have time yesterday. But obviously I didn't get to it, so here I am with a few minutes before getting Allie up.
Mom flew in to Cincinnati yesterday. She found a direct flight, and even though it left 15 minutes late, they arrived 15 minutes early! Crazy! They had a serious tailwind. Allie and I picked her up about 10:30 am. We went to Hobby Lobby and then some kind of Party Store to get a handful of things for Asher's birthday party. We got lunch at the mall and then Mom made her first Kentucky purchase for the year, a new pair of shoes! Hehehe. We headed home about 2 pm. It is great to have her here, the kids are soooo excited!!
We decided at the end of last week to go ahead and plan a "kid" party for Asher. We were going back and forth about what to do, and I just couldn't stand to not do one. There will only be a certain amount of years here that he actually wants a party. There aren't a lot of places to choose from in our little town, and he definitely wanted to invite his classmates. We settled on the YMCA for a Swim Party. It is this Sunday, May 17, from 5 to 7 pm. Since it's over dinnertime, we will serve pizza along with birthday cake. Last night after the kids had gone to bed, Mom and I sat and filled out 23 invitations for Asher to take to school today (I think there are 19 or 20 kids in his class). We also have invited a handful of kids he knows not in his class. I hope we have a great turnout for him, to help us celebrate him turning SIX! Wow!! It's also special to have Grandma here for the celebration. With us living so far away from family, he hasn't had extended family at a party since he turned ONE!
OK, what else to catch up on?? I have already had to leave this post and go get Allie up. LOL. She is watching HGTV with Grandma down here in the basement while I finish this up.
Today a milestone for the farm - cattle arrive this afternoon! Probably around 8 of them. They will be around 500 lbs apiece, maybe 5 or 6 months old. We will keep them over the Summer and then sell them over the Fall.
I had a nice Mother's Day. John brought home flowers on Saturday after going to the store. Then on Sunday he had to go to work in the afternoon, and he stopped and got a cute card "from the kids". He had Asher sign it, and Asher said to John, "I am going to write like Mrs Hughes [his teacher] does!" With the little dots on the letters! Isn't that adorable?

In school they also made this handprint with the poem.

And let me tell you, the poem helped me keep my cool for the most part when Asher came inside on Saturday from playing in the garden and left muddy footprints across my clean carpet trying to get to the shower!!!!! lol
On Sunday I spent 3.5 hours on the mower. A little extra time mowing the fence lines for the first time. John made a steak dinner for us and that was about it! A beautiful day with the family!
That's all I can think of right now!