Thursday, May 21, 2009

Picture and Misc Catch Up!

I am behind on pictures! There were 145 on my camera this morning when I went to upload them to my hard drive. I don't usually do that unless we are on vacation! So I am in process of sorting through them and then uploading to Snapfish. John is home today, and we are especially grateful as the weather is sunny and warm and he is on the tractor continuing to bale hay. He started cutting on Monday evening, and since the weather has cooperated so well, he was able to go ahead and rake and start baling yesterday! Tuesday Allie and I took my mom back to the airport. We didn't need to drop her off until 2:30, so we went to the Cincinnati Museum for awhile first. There was a neat exhibit that had just opened, called Women & Spirit, that Mom was interested in seeing. Afterward we grabbed lunch at McAlister's and then took her to the airport. Allie had fallen asleep just minutes after leaving the Museum. She didn't wake up when we got to the drop off lane at the airport. So we unloaded Mom's things, and I hugged her goodbye, and I got back into the car. Well Allie had woken up and was looking around confused, and said to me, "Where's Gama? Where's Gama?" I jumped back out of the car and hollered for Mom who was almost through the doors. She had the attendant watch her suitcase and came back to hug and kiss Allie and tell her goodbye. I had held it together pretty well up until that point! My heart was breaking!!! I absolutely hate living so far away from family. I love this town, I know we are where we are supposed to be, but it is so hard at times. Not only do I miss them terribly, but my children only get to interact with them once or twice a year. I want to scream that it's not fair! But I know it won't do any good. So I try to stay positive and be thankful for technology. For airplanes and telephones and email and photos. But when it comes time to say goodbye, logic falls away and I just feel the sadness of saying goodbye. I hate goodbyes because I hate to cave in to the sadness. I just try to soak our time in and be grateful. Uh! Enough of the tears! OK, OK. Now onto some fun things. I finished my hair clippie project while Mom was here. I wanted to make some Corker Clippies to coordinate with most of Allie's outfits. Here are a few: Mom also was interested in learning how I make my Flower Pens. So we spent our last craft session on Monday doing that. Here are some samples! Here is a darling picture Asher drew at school. On the back he wrote: "I wood pat it. I wood mac chr it gis wogr." Which translates into (I had to ask!): "I would plant it. I would make sure it gets water." They were supposed to draw something that flowers and then makes a fruit/vegetable. He said at first he did the banana tree, but then he decided it didn't flower so he then drew a watermelon (connected by the blue line on the right) to a yellow flower. He said that is Daddy watering the banana tree, and the spots of the blue are the water drops, and the yellow circles the bananas. And that is him watering the watermelon plant. Then, when I was going through his backpack Tuesday evening, I found this: It's hard to read the word he wrote, but it's supposed to say "anesthesia" as in he wants to be what Daddy is when he grows up! And that's a picture of him with the blue scrubs, just like Daddy, and the mask and then the OR table with a patient. So darling!!! Monday morning while Mom was here, we went to Asher's school so she could read to his class. I took several pictures of course, and we had a great visit! And finally, to round out all these pictures, here we are outside the Cincinnati Museum on Tuesday, before we took Mom to the airport. Whew! That's enough already! lol. Lunchtime!