Thursday, July 16, 2009
July 15th??
****Just realized it is July 16th and I thought it was the 15th. The month is going by faster than I thought! LOL***
It is hard to believe we're already halfway through July. We leave this weekend for Myrtle Beach until next Friday. John has a conference there and we are able to make it a family trip. We are SUPER excited as we haven't been to the beach since Sept '06 when I was pregnant with Allie and we went to Virginia Beach, and we've never been to Myrtle Beach. It is about a 12 hour drive (UGH!) but it will be worth it. We need this!!
This week has been Asher's swim lessons, every evening from 6:15p-7:15p at the outdoor public pool here in town that is run by the YMCA. He had a slight meltdown the first night, apparently he didn't like how cold the water was, but after a pep talk and basically not giving him a choice he got back in the water and enjoyed the rest of the lesson, and was actually excited to go back the next day. Tomorrow is his last lesson and honestly I think the only thing he has learned he didn't already know is how to float on his back. I should have known that this swim clinic wouldn't be as detailed as I wanted. But he's having fun and it's not bad for his first formal swim lessons.
I'm trying to think of what else there is to report. We've just been swimming, playing with friends, Library, and doing stuff outside here on the farm. Oh, and John got me a new point-and-shoot camera last night to take with us on our trip. It also has video on it and I am so far pleased with the quality and hope to capture lots of good memories with it! :)
Well I just tried to upload 4 photos and there is an error with Blogger. I will try to add those later!