Wow, we are really booking it through this year huh? OK September, here we go!
September's OLW (one little word) is TELL. This is defined as:
~to narrate
~to communicate
~to make known
~to notify or inform
~to assure
~to direct
~to discover by observation
~to reveal
My Scripture for this month:
We will not hide them from their children; we will tell the next generation the praiseworthy deeds of the Lord, his power, and the wonders he has done. ~Psalm 78:4
I picked that because I want to do better with TELLING my children more about God, not just prayers at night but how He affects us DAILY. We WILL go to church this month too. :)
I came across this quote in a magazine I read several weeks ago. I immediately clipped it out and knew I would use it for the month of September, in honor of Grandparent's Day on the 15th:
A grandmother is a little bit parent, a little bit teacher, and a little bit best friend. ~Anonymous
There are several dates highlighted this month. My honorary grandparents (GB & GDB stands for Gramma Billie and GrandDad Bill) will celebrate their 50th wedding anniversary! GB will also celebrate her birthday at the end of this month. My friends Paige and Gayle have birthdays, as well as my brother Jason and bro-in-law Kevin. As a nation we will relax on Labor Day and honor the memory of 9/11 on Patriot's Day. Our Grandparents are celebrated on the 15th. And September also ushers in Fall. Fall, glorious Fall, my favorite season! :)
I hope to remember and implement my OLW all month long, with my children, with my husband, with my family. Narrate, communicate, make known, inform, assure, direct, discover and reveal. This
is my mantra this month.
August wrapped up quickly, and I bid goodbye to my birthday month with the usual twinge of sadness Monday night. Goodbye to summer, goodbye to swimming, goodbye to long lazy days. Of course I had already started these goodbyes on August 11th, the last day of summer vacation ~ but it is now official. My OLW for August, DO, was definitely honored!
I actually got some scrapbooking done last week during Allie's naptime (before the illness struck me). I am trying to finish up 2007 for both kids. This gets me a little closer for her! The first layout is Allie's first time in the pool, we had just moved to the farm at the end of May and this was July. She was about 5 months old.

Here is a 2 page layout overview of July 2007. I actually journaled on the computer, referrring to my notes off the index cards that I scribbled on during those early months, so that I would have plenty of space to get in all I wanted to document on this layout.

I had to take some pictures of the Farm for insurance purposes, so I thought I would include some of those on here, it's been awhile! Here's the Grasshopper - you all know how much I love mowing and this makes the job a lot easier!

Here's the big tractor. We were so glad to have it this hay season! Really made things easier.

Front of the house. My monkey grass that borders the sidewalk is doing terribly. I really don't like this landscaping, but it came with the house and we haven't gotten the urge to rip it all out yet. We added the monkey grass, but the soil is awful and it just hasn't thrived - just makes it look like we need to weed-eat. LOL
The shop and dog kennel.

The barn!

Inside through the barn, thought this looked cool. You can see the corral on the other side.

Behind the barn. To the left is the quail pen and in the middle is the Fort Knox Chicken Compound.

Looking back towards the house, from the barn. The raspberries are on the left, haven't weeded some of the rows since early summer! Yikes! Our little blueberries are on the right side, if you squint, all nice and weeded, and hoping for a better season next year.

A possum that got in our trap a couple of nights ago. It was NASTY!!!! The longer I stood there, the wider its mouth opened, showing me his ferocious teeth. LOL. When John went to check the trap (before me) it was actually playing possum.

Last night was Asher's first Flag Football practice. John took him to have some one-on-one time, and I had a ton of stuff needing to get done at home anyhow. He said the coach seems nice, and has coached the last couple of years. Ash is in the 1st and 2nd graders "league" and I think John said there are 9 on his team?? Last year only 5 played at a time, so not sure about that. The coach did a few drills and then had them run, which seems kind of silly but maybe that's just me. I would think to take the short 30 minutes practice time to do nothing but learn the drills. Maybe next week will be different. He has practice every Wednesday evening and then the games are every Thursday evening, alternating times. This goes through Oct 15. I am not thrilled about being out the house 2 evenings a week, but that's just how I am. LOL. I know Ash wants to do this, and we will do it for him - he needs to be in organized activities and hopefully sports will be something he likes and is good at. He seems a bit gawky compared to the other kids, but with his build you would think athletics. Or maybe that's because John and I were so into athletics that that's what we want for him too. Time will tell, our job is to expose him and let him follow his own path.
Down day at home today, I want to try a new aerobics/Pilates class at the Y but it is only on Thursdays and so far I have wanted to be home on Thursdays more than wanting to go. Plus today I am feeling the aerobics step class I did yesterday! Allie has gotten to where she cries when I leave her in the nursery area. She has been the only child in there, or maybe one or two will come and go while she's there, which I like because it's not too crazy and crowded, but I think she misses the other kids! I hate it but the worker tells me she stops right after I leave. I am enjoying my exercise time and there just isn't another way around it but to utilize the nursery.