Monday, September 14, 2009

Sickness in the House

Again. Here we go again (already?!). Didn't we all just get over being sick? Allie woke up from her nap yesterday feeling hot and by bedtime was having fever/chills and a little stuffy. The kids were supposed to go to the pediatric dentist this morning for cleanings but I canceled and sent Ash on to school like usual - I never told Ash that we were going to go to the dentist today (and therefore miss all of school) just in case something like this happened. Their dentist is about an hour and 15 minutes away. I have rescheduled for December. Allie had a bit of a restless night and ended up sleeping until 10a this morning. !!! I kept checking on her. Woke up feverish again and with cracked lips. She has already downed 2 cups of juice and had one episode of diarrhea. I figure she picked this up maybe Friday at either the YMCA or WalMart. *sigh John got home last night from working out of town 10 days, WELCOME HOME! We missed him so much. Ash made himself stay awake until he heard John get home (@9:30p). Man was he tired this morning though! Early bedtimes for all tonight. John was very glad to get back into his own surroundings and also back to his regular work environment! Tomorrow is Grandparent's Day and either John or I will go eat lunch with Asher at 11:20a. Wish his grandparents could be here for it, we miss you all and hope to see you SOON! Ash brought home his proof of his school portrait last week. I was so pleased with how it turned out! Both his Preschool and Kindergarten portraits were terrible, so I wasn't holding out much hope for 1st grade... It looks grainy as it is a picture of the picture that is on regular paper, not even a photo. We are ordering a package though! Here's a pic of the sunrise I snapped this morning with my iPhone while feeding the dogs. I thought it turned out kinda cool even with the electric pole. lol The kids and I spent part of the weekend watching movies. We have watched several since John has been gone - John isn't a movie person. It was a special treat for the kids for sure, they even got to stay up late(r) a few nights. We have watched the trilogy of Pirates of the Caribbean (awesome!!!) and Madagascar 2. We still have Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull. I also watched Duplicity on my own - very interesting twists and turns! Ash had fun at his first Flag Football game last Thursday. They kind of keep score and I think our team won, barely. And his practices are every Wednesday at 6:3op and I did meet the coach at the practice last week and got his email/phone #. It ended up pouring rain just a few minutes into practice and they were able to move into the Gym of the YMCA as nothing else was scheduled in there. Thankfully no rain the next night for the game although the field was MUDDY. Off to cuddle a bit with Allie on the couch!