Today is John and my 11 year wedding anniversary!! Let's see, this time 11 years ago I was beyond ready to get the shindig going and over with! I was so nervous! I remember thinking I wished we had gone ahead and got married in Hawaii - of course I couldn't do that to my parents, but all the people -- !! As most of you all know, I am outgoing and can talk to a brick wall, but for some reason when the focus is set on me all planned then I get incredibly anxious! I did terrible in Speech class in college - purposely took it during a 4 week summer session to get it over with as quickly as possible.
Anyway! I was sooooooo thrilled to be married to my best friend, my sweetheart and soul-mate. We had dated exactly one year to the day (it just worked out that way!) and from the start of our dating I KNEW John was "the one". And here we are, 11 years later and so much wiser and even more in love. Two kids, 3 degrees, traveling, moving, and finally living our dream here on our beautiful farm in Kentucky. Life is good. GOD IS GOOD! We are so incredibly blessed! Every year is better than the last!!!
John is on call today, and is still at the hospital (it's 5:30p). We knew this might happen as the schedule was packed! This past weekend he grilled me an awesome dinner, both Fri and Sat nights! Fri night was Grilled Steak w/ Mushrooms, Asparagus & Squash (all separate LOL) and Sat night was Grilled Steak and Salmon w/ Mushrooms, & Squash/Zucchini. Yes we do that alot. Eat practically the same meal back to back. If we like it, we like it!!! The kids had grilled cheeseburgers both nights. John said to me Fri night, "Happy Anniversary Dinner!". What a sweetie.
He then proceeded to spend all day both Sat and Sun in the kitchen. He baked two different sugar cookie recipes, and we were all the guinea pigs. He also made caramels and they turned out his best yet. I am so fortunate to have a hubby who likes to cook and bake, and NO it's NOT because I can't, as most people assume! We both love being in the kitchen.
This morning the kids and I got out of the house at 8:30a to make it downtown for Allie's appointment for her booster H1N1 vaccine. It was a shot again, and she was NOT happy of course, but quickly got over it when I told her we were going to the Y afterward. They played in the Child Care area for about 45 minutes while I did the Elliptical and some leg work. I am still having pleurisy pain in my chest/shoulder and the shoulder deal may be a pulled muscle to boot. I'm sure all from the horrible cough/congestion we all had around Thanksgiving. So I have had to be careful exercising these past two weeks but I haven't wanted to give it up! Especially with us going out of town soon.
OK -- time to get the kiddos fed and Allie will be having an early bedtime as she never fell asleep at naptime. And I know she's wore out as I took both kids swimming at the Y after my workout! We swam for 45 minutes then hot tubbed it for another 10. Ash was practicing swimming the length of the pool unassisted as he wants to be on the Swim Team next Fall! Allie motored around great in her safety belt thing, which gives buoyancy but isn't as restrictive as a life jacket. They are both little fish!!!