Thursday, December 3, 2009

December = BELIEVE

It's December! Last month of 2009. Really amazing how fast the time goes by; I know, I know, I say that every single month. But really! I am hanging on and enjoying the ride! The OLW (One Little Word) for December is BELIEVE. Quite fitting! December is such a special time of year. Truly humbling to think of 2009 years ago, our Lord's birth happening to save us. At our house we do talk about Santa, but more importantly we honor Jesus. The definition for BELIEVE: ~to have a firm faith ~to accept as true ~to have a firm conviction ~to hold an opinion ~to accept the word of And the Scripture for the month: " 'If you can'? " said Jesus. "Everything is possible for him who believes." Immediately the boy's father exclaimed, "I do believe; help me overcome my unbelief!" ~Mark 9:23-24 And the quote: Christmas is not as much about opening our presents as opening our hearts. ~Janice Maeditere Tomorrow night is the local Parade in our town, and the Tiger Cubs (Cub Scouts) have a float in it. We'll be throwing candy and having a great time I know! Afterward is the Cub Scout Christmas Party and we are bringing gifts for the children staying at the Women's Crisis Center and having hot chocolate, cookies and more fun. The kids are going to love it!! OK, it's naptime for Allie and I am getting my tail into the craft room to do SOMETHING with the right side of my brain.