Sunday, March 28, 2010

update on the apron...

OK, here's the apron with the pocket! As soon as Allie saw me making it, and saw the pocket, she pointed to her own apron (that she was wearing around the house) and asked where her pocket was! Guess I'll be adding one to hers! I've got several little girls' b'days coming up and guess what they'll be getting? ;) Snapped this pic this morning of Allie playing her V-Smile and using Penny as her foot rest/foot warmer. Hehehe. We've had a really nice weekend. Yesterday (Saturday) we fired up the smoker and had baby back ribs and pit baked potatoes. Yummmmmmmm. Today it is rainy and we've had a big family breakfast, and plan to just relax and get some inside chores done. I moved my craft room around last night, moved out the guest bed and moved in a new 8 foot table, and I am excited to get my new serger (that I've had since Christmas!) actually OUT of the box and set up, now that I have the space for it!! Friday afternoon, as soon as Asher got off the bus, we headed over to Florence (near Cincy but in Kentucky) to do some shopping. We decided we'd rather get it over with and have Sat & Sun home! We were able to get Allie's mattress/boxspring for her big girl bed! Yay! We put it together on Saturday morning, and she slept great in it at naptime. When she got up from her nap, she told me, "Mommy, I LOVE my big girl bed!!!" I will take a pic but we don't have a comforter set/bed skirt for it yet so it's really bare. We picked up some sheets for it when we got the mattress as we didn't have one set of twin sheets in this house! John and I realized we haven't had a twin bed since we were first married and lived in our apartment, and had a twin in the office/guest room courtesy of his parents. Once we started traveling in the RV, back to his folks it went. And Asher has a queen size bed. Allie's room is pretty small though, and so is she, so we knew a twin was the best choice for her. It looks huge though as she's been in the crib for so long! I'm so proud of her and she is really proud of herself. :)