Friday, March 26, 2010

I Made an Apron!

I did it! I finally sewed an apron! I have been wanting to sew an apron for months and months. I came across this pattern recently thanks to a dear friend and couldn't wait to try it out. Tuesday evening, the children went to bed by 8p, and John followed shortly as he had been called in at 3a the previous night. I said to myself, "Self - you can sit on your bum and watch TV or you can get your bum in that craft room and get some good creative endorphins flowing!" I normally do not craft at night like that. But I had motivation besides that oh-so-inspiring pep talk: I had been asked by Asher's K teacher from last year to make some custom Corker Hair Clippies for her little girl. I completed two sets of those, then started reading through my stack of patterns yet to be sewed. On top was this apron pattern, and after reading through it I knew I could get it cut and sewn in one (Allie nap) session. It was getting late that particular evening and I was getting tired, so didn't want to try it then! Amazing how reading through patterns and also sorting through fabrics can get you excited about a project! Wednesday afternoon Allie and I had a playdate after the YMCA, and then Ash was home with early dismissal and we played the Wii. So by Thursday I was chomping at the bit to get down to my craft room and into this project! I put Allie down for her nap and beelined it downstairs! Here it is! Oooooh, I can hardly stand how cute it came out! The fabric is Amy Butler - one of my fave designers - from her Midwest Modern line. It is "one size" for 2T-4T. The pattern actually had a pocket, but I was hasty in my cutting of the trim's "fat quarter" and didn't have enough to make the pocket. I knew this one was for Allie and I didn't mind it not having the pocket, so I'll try it on the next one. Maybe. ;)