Thursday, April 22, 2010
Yikes! Too long....
It's been way too long since I've updated. Here and on the Puppy Blog!
Two weeks ago we had Asher's 3rd Nine Weeks Conference and received his Progress Report. He is doing excellent and we are very proud of him! He is reading at a 2nd grade level, with his score being 177 on testing - this is compared to the district average of 172 and the national average of 166. He is also testing in Math at the 2nd grade level, with his testing score being 191 - compared to district average of 175 and national average of 169. His Spelling Average is 92%! He works hard at school, and we work hard with him at home, and to see grades like these makes it all worth it!
His teacher wrote for this Nine Weeks:
"Asher is doing really well in math. He seems to enjoy math and is doing great! Asher has also grown in reading. I know that his fluency rate has declined, but the passages have gotten harder, so it's nothing to worry about. Keep reading with him at home each night and this will help his fluency and help him prepare for second grade."
Asher has started playing baseball through the local Boys' & Girls' Club. His first practice was this past Monday, and he did great considering he had never stepped foot on a baseball field before. He got a chance to hit as well as field balls. We practice throwing/catching at home, and will start batting once we actually buy a bat for him. This is Coach's Pitch, not T-Ball. John and I both love baseball (softball for me) and are excited for him. His games start on May 1 and will be every Saturday for 8 weeks. His coach seems great with the kids! Keeps on them but isn't harsh.
Asher was in his first musical/play this past Tuesday through his elementary school. The musical was called "Bugz" and he had a speaking part. This was 1st grade only. He was a "mean bug" and for that he wanted a fire ant costume. I got busy sewing and putting together one. I didn't get great pictures of the musical, but did get some video footage.
I updated the puppy blog before this one, and most of you have received that. For those that don't, the puppies were 6 weeks old last Fri and had their first bath and vaccinations and received a perfect bill of health from the vet. They will be 7 weeks tomorrow and able to go to their new homes. We are still needing to find a handful of buyers! Our first family is coming on Saturday to get one of the sweet little girls. I am already sad. But I know she is going to a great home!!!