Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Martha Stewart-ness

I have really been able to sew lately and I am loving it! I have a handful of orders that I am working on, and having my craft room moved around with more SPACE, not to mention my serger sewing machine, has made a huge difference! Yesterday during nap time I organized all of my ribbon and hair bow making supplies, and also all of my flowers, and felt so relaxed and refreshed when I was done - I told John that seeing, touching, and sorting the beautiful colors and textures just flat out makes me happy, even if I don't technically create anything. Here are some flip flops I customized with ribbon and a lime gerber daisy. And I uploaded/shared to Snapfish several pictures that I had taken of Allie modeling her new skirt, but never posted here on the blog. She loves it and has literally asked to wear it every single day. And here's my latest. It's called the Amelia Shirt, and it's for a woman, albeit the same style as the Caroline Dress for girls. The trim is a bit thinner and of course the measurements are different, but the same basic principle. I wanted a picture of it actually ON someone, but that will have to wait! This is for an order. And last, but not least, my homemade cinnamon rolls I made for the family over the weekend! Two day process. :) Thankfully they freeze well, as there was actually another 2 pie plates - and that's only HALF the recipe!