Thursday, May 27, 2010

Can we say BUSY???

We have been even busier than usual these past few weeks. I have been wanting to blog several times, but something else would take precedence and it would get pushed to the bottom of the list over and over. Even right now, at 3p on Thursday, I should be on the mower. I have been mowing off and on since about 11. It is sunny and near 90 degrees, and I have taken a few breaks, one of which was to get Allie lunch and down for her nap. John has been home from work since mid-morning, and was also outside, and Allie was out with us too of course. I got out her wading pool from last summer and put 2" of water in it and some toys and she was happy for over an hour, and only willing to come inside because she was hungry for lunch! It is one of those pools that has the built in slide, and she went down that over and over and over. I thought I would clean the house today, but it was too pretty to stay inside and unfair to Allie to be stuck inside while I cleaned when we could be out enjoying the day. Thankfully the only person who cares about having a clean house around here is me, so no pressure! I mentioned previously that we are remodeling our dog kennel area. We were waiting on our dozer man before ripping out the old kennel. This morning John went to work at 6:30a, and at the bottom of the hill just beyond the locked gate was the worker's dozer! We had told him we needed him to call us before he came, #1 because the gate stays locked and #2 because we needed a few days notice to tear the kennel down before he can do the leveling and put in the septic. John was able to come home early today and immediately got to work tearing down the kennel, roof and all. All that is left is the concrete pad that Terry (the worker) will bust up with the dozer. Terry lives 3 miles down the road from us and has hauled us gravel before, plus he and his wife used to own this farm years and years ago! Before it had a house and so forth. Funny huh? Anyhoo, the dogs are in temporary housing behind the shop on the grass until the new kennel is built, which John estimates will take 2-3 weeks. Terry will do the dozer work and put in the septic and leach (sp?) lines, then John will frame out the area (20 foot long x 20 foot wide) and we will call in a concrete truck. Once the concrete is in and set we can put the new kennel fence panels up, and the dogs can go in. Then, John will roof it. There's so much more to go over, with Asher's school and funny sayings and pictures, but I have to get back outside right now. Will post again soon!