Over the weekend I completed an order for one of the teachers at the elementary school, who is also the president of the PTO that I am on. She ordered the Amelia Shirt that I showed in the last post, as well as these flip flops to coordinate with the shirt, for herself:

And she ordered this Caroline Dress for her little girl who is in Kindergarten:

...along with these flip flops and hair bow to coordinate with the dress:

I made these flip flops for myself:

And since Allie went nuts for the flip flops, and wanted some for herself, and picked out the flowers and ribbon (it matches mommy's!), I made her these, and she's wanted to wear them non-stop:

I also made her a 2-in-1 hairbow (top bow is on its own alligator clip and can slip onto the larger pink bow, so she can wear them separately) to match her skirt:

Here she is in the entire ensemble she insisted on putting back on and modeling for me to take more pictures of her:

Here's a loaf of perfect banana bread, Aunt Cille's (John's maternal grandmother's late sister) recipe that I have tweaked one thing and absolutely LOVE IT, and so do John & kids - when it came out of the oven this pretty I had to snap a picture. :)

This week is Teacher Appreciation at Asher's school, and being on the PTO I have been helping with that. Yesterday was supposed to be one of the drawings for the teachers, but school was CANCELED due to all of the rain and some of the roads flooding! I couldn't believe it. But we did have a good day at home!
So I took the prizes/winners names in this morning to be given out, as well as fresh muffins and cinnamon rolls to contribute to the teacher's breakfast, this morning. Tomorrow is more giveaways, I will take those in when I drop Asher off, Thursday is the Teacher's Mall that I am not involved in, and Friday is a luncheon that I will watch a friend's little one so she can help set up, and that evening is Spring Fling, kind of like a festival for the kids and community.
John has become involved in starting up a Beekeeping Association here in our little town. It will be for the entire Buffalo Trace Area, and they have had pretty good interest in it. He will be on the board, helping get the bylaws and so forth set, and also helping show the new beekeepers some tricks of the trade.
He's also been working hard in our vegetable garden. Our "fortress" that he made this year, 8 foot tall fence posts (12 foot posts sunk 4 feet down) strung with 5 strands of electric fence, is keeping out the deer wonderfully. It is almost 40,000 square feet of land in the fortress, and we have our vegetable garden, raspberries, blackberries, and fruit trees in it. Here are a couple of pictures I took from the side yard. I'll take more detailed pictures soon.


Oh, we've also sold another puppy, to a hunter that lives in Minnesota. He's taking one of the females, D.D., and it is working out perfectly that his brother will be coming through this direction on a business trip and will be picking her up this weekend on his way back. We still have 6 puppies, we are keeping 2 for SURE and possibly a 3rd. All males. We are also in the beginning stages of completely remodeling our kennel area and are excited about that. More on that later!