Thursday, August 12, 2010

The First Day of 2nd Grade!

Asher had a wonderful time today at school, his first day of 2nd Grade! It seems like yesterday we were preparing for Kindergarten, entering this school system and learning the ropes. He is now the "big kid on campus" seeing as how our elementary school is Preschool through 2nd Grade. I am so proud of the kid he is! We stopped to take pictures on the way into the school building. Allie was clingy this morning, to both of us, and she wanted to be in a picture with him! This picture was taken Tuesday night, at the Back to School Bash. I didn't know how hectic it would be on the first day, so I went ahead and took this picture of him and his teacher, Mrs Tumey, sitting at his desk. He is closest to the door - it's like 5 feet from where he is! Allie and I went to the Y, trying to get back into my exercise routine after being off it for the summer, then ran a few errands and had lunch with friends. Back home around 1p for Allie to take her nap, then Asher was home off the bus at 4p. It is hot and muggy outside, and after his 45 minute bus ride home he was ready to cool off! I let him have a big bowl of ice cream - definitely a treat! He said his favorite part of today was Computer, and said he is ready to start Math Block. He said they did a lot of "coloring sheets", "filled out something about Mrs Tumey" and "stuff like that". No homework this week thank goodness, so we have just been relaxing inside, enjoying the air conditioning and vegging in front of the TV (and computer...). Oh, and I sewed this skirt, a new pattern, for a friend's little girl's 5th birthday. I am super pleased with it and will definitely be using this pattern again instead of the other skirt pattern I have - it's a lot quicker and easier!