Sunday, August 29, 2010

First Week of Preschool - Success!

Allie started Preschool this past Monday the 23rd! To say she was excited would be an understatement. She was up early, about 6:15, and kept asking every 5 minutes when it was time to go. I walked her in to her classroom and there were no tears, although she seemed a touch unsure. A good friend, Melinda, has a little girl the same age as Allie who also started that morning (different class though), so we kept each other company throughout the day. Here's some pictures from outside the front of the school. This one cracks me up - I asked Allie to turn around so I could take a picture of her backpack and this is what she did, looks like she is about to be frisked! hahaha I didn't get around to the front of the school on Asher's first day, so I had him in the picture with Allie by the sign. This is the project we did that her teacher hung outside in the hall. We had to have three pictures: current, baby, and a family. Along with things she likes. Every morning this past week was the same excitement and up early, around 6 or 6:15, ready to go to Preschool. They only nap about an hour there, so she is tired early and the first 2 nights was in bed at 6:15pm. The third night she made it to 7 and on Thursday night she made it to 8 pm (I had a meeting and John was on double duty!). On Fri/Sat and today she is taking 2+ hour naps. Asher loves Allie being at the same school as him, although they don't get to see each other during the day. They do walk in together though after I say goodbye in the drop off line, and then they meet back up in the same room for pick up. The pick up line has been a big adjustment for me, as in the WAITING I have to do. I haven't had to pick Asher up from school since he was in private preschool, and even then I had to park and get out to get him from his teacher so there was very little waiting. However, I love seeing the kids as they pile in! They are so pumped up and talkative about the day, whereas when Ash gets off the bus he is grumpy, tired and definitely not talkative. I'm only getting them home about 20 minutes before the bus would, but she is just too little for us to ride the bus. Especially since it is a 45-55 minute ride. Speaking of the bus, Allie actually WANTS to ride it. I'm sure it seems like lots of fun since she has watched Asher come off the bus for the last 2 years. I finally told her she has to be 5 to ride the bus (although I don't know if we'll do it then even). So now she tells everyone she has to be 5 to ride the bus, and she has to have a ticket. Apparently they have tickets in her Preschool for the few kids that do ride the bus in the afternoon, to make sure they get on the right bus. I hope she will let it drop as I'm getting tired of explaining every day why she can't! On Fridays, Asher will continue to ride the bus to and from school since there is no Preschool on Fridays. And speaking of Fridays, Allie was quite upset this past Friday when I explained that Preschool was closed that day. She kept saying she wanted to go. I told her this morning that she would get to go tomorrow, and that made her very happy. I'm thrilled that she loves it so much, and hope that she continues to! She comes home singing new songs, and telling me about the playground and the rules and her new friends. This past week has been very strange for me to have both children in school. I have stayed very busy (on purpose!) between the YMCA, running errands, and yard work. I do hope to get on a good schedule of fitting time in for sewing/scrapbooking and so forth. Life is busy but we are so blessed! Oh, and we sold a pup this morning to a family out of Indiana! That leaves us with 3 and although I would like to sell one more (Mark), John says no. It would be hard to part with him, but it would be nice to only have 2 pups to train. We'll see how it goes! Click here to visit the Brittany Blog.