Sunday, September 19, 2010

Oh these kids!

John and I were talking yesterday about some funnies the kids have said lately. He told me one Asher had said when I wasn't with them, and I told him a couple that Allie had said when he wasn't home. Here's Asher's: Last Tuesday John met me at the school right after pick-up time to get the kids and take them home, as I had a PTO Board Meeting. On the way home, John needed to stop at the Mill to get some farm supplies. Asher was NOT pleased with the change in plans, with John taking them home and then having to stop. While at the mill, John was goofing around and playing with Allie, and Asher fumed: "Would you quit horsing around and just get me home!" HAHAHA!!! I can just see it. OK, Allie has three: 1) Last Wednesday I was brushing her hair in the bathroom, getting ready to leave for Asher's football game. Asher was excited and bouncing around the house, and Allie looked at me through the mirror and said, real serious, "Crazy kid!" 2) Friday afternoon Allie had to go to the pediatrician as she has some blisters in her mouth (she's got that hand/foot viral infection that presents as blisters/fever and lasts 5-7 days, that was day 3 and we didn't realize that was what it was until we saw the blisters on her toes). I had to wake her from a long nap to get ready to go, and John was taking her for me as I have a head/chest cold again. On the way home from the appointment, John was whistling along with a song in the Jeep, and he said she looked at him and said, "Daddy, that whistling needs to stop." 3) Yesterday John and I were sitting at the kitchen bar discussing a winter family vacation, and Allie was coloring at the dining room table. She piped up and said, "Would you guys quiet down over there? I'm TRYING to color!!!" These kids are definitely comic relief!!!