Thursday, January 20, 2011

Report Card!

John and I are so proud of Asher!  His 2nd Nine Weeks Report Card came home yesterday.  This picture is one page of three.  He has really made huge strides with behavior (his biggest problems - talking and getting too riled up) and with his Reading.  John and I were saying how we actually don't dread homework like we used to.  He just sits down and gets it done. He's doing just as well in Math as always.  It helps to have a great teacher - he has learned so much already this year.

His teacher wrote this note:  Asher is a pleasure to have in class!  He keeps things lively and is doing very well!

Part of Asher's Report Card. (click to enlarge)


Allie has said some blog-worthy things this past week.  She came home from Preschool on Monday and told me that she needed to take her Barbie to the "hotel" next week.  I interpreted, "You mean, Show and Tell?"  She said, "Yes, Mommy!  Show and Tell!"

This morning we had this conversation:

Allie:  Mommy, where's Daddy?
Me:  He's at work honey. 
Allie:  At work?  I miss him.
Me:  I miss him too!
Allie:  I miss him every day since I was born!!!

Today was a snow day for us.  The storm wasn't supposed to really hit until afternoon, but the school was afraid the roads would be bad going home.  Why they didn't do an early dismissal and at least go, I don't know.  This makes Snow Day #8 for us, and the kids will be in school until June 2nd at this point.  There was very little snow accumulation until around 3:30.  That's when it started coming down (which ironically is exactly what the forecast said!).  I know they have to be safe, but it's still a bit frustrating when the kids have already missed so much and can't get back into a routine.

The kids played well today, Asher building his electric train and Allie building puzzles and playing with Mr & Mrs Potato Head.  I was also productive and able to get a project done that has been on my list for several months - sorting 6 bags of clothing I've pulled from closets.  Some was documented for Goodwill, and some of it will be given to a couple of friends with younger children.  The back of the Expedition is FULL with it all and I will be glad to get it where it needs to go!

I stewed a chicken today, and had beef roasts in the oven for dinner tonight.  I made gravy and steamed veggies to go with the roast.  This is our second meal of roast from our recent cow, and WOW it is so good!  We love roast - well, John and I do anyway - and it is very gratifying to have it turn out so well from this cow!  I was able to freeze 2 cups of beef broth, and also 2 cups of chicken broth.  The rest of the broth will be used to make chicken spaghetti tomorrow night, and the meat from the chicken will be for that too.

Tonight was ballet for Allie, but with the snow coming down and roads quickly getting covered, we decided to stay home.  I was glad we did, as a few friends texting with me said how slick the roads were.  We've just had a relaxing evening in.  The kids helped John test and do some maintenance on the aquariums.  We also played some laser tag - a Christmas gift to Asher last year from Mimi and Papa.  It's FUN!

Just got the phone call from the school that it's canceled tomorrow as well.  Surprise, surprise.  Allie started jumping up and down excitedly (even though she doesn't go on Fridays anyway, haha), and Asher yelled, "Yeah!  Now Mom and I can play Donkey Kong!!!"  (our latest game for the Wii)

Oh!  Yesterday I was able to get into my craft room for an hour!  Woot!  I know that doesn't sound long, but I finally told myself I have to take it an hour here and an hour there, because with how busy I am, who knows when I will get longer than that at at time - and I can at least get something done and more importantly FEED my creative side.  Which makes me a much happier wife & mom.  :)

Anyway, I cleaned up my scrapbook area first, as it was a mess after not being in there since Mom was here the first of November.  Then I finished the journaling on a 2 page layout Mom had made for me.  She actually made me 7 scrapbook layouts while she visited!  Thanks again, Mom!  So, after I journaled, I created 2, 2 page layouts of our 2009 and 2010 Christmas Photo Card/Letter.  Nothing too major picture-wise to get back into the swing of things.  I have not made a scrapbook layout since September 2009.  Yes, 2009.  As in well over a YEAR ago.  I am wanting to change up the organization of the scrapbooks, I hope to get that project going this year.  Make the move from chronological order to categories. No rush on that though, I would like to get some more layouts done first!

Time to get kids ready for bed!