Friday, February 4, 2011

Allie Turned 4!

Last Saturday, the 29th, Allie turned 4.  We had decided not do a big birthday party this year.  On the Wednesday before, she and I baked chocolate cupcakes & a small cake, and made pink frosting to go with them.  Allie also decorated them with sprinkles.  I can't believe I forgot to take a pic!  The cake we ate that night, and the cupcakes went to preschool with Allie the next day (Thursday) to share with her class.  She was the birthday girl all day, including on the bus ride home with them singing Happy Birthday to her.  John brought home her big bouquet of balloons that night, and she could barely go to sleep for all the excitement.  The next day (Friday) we left for Great Wolf lodge to spend the night and play at the incredible indoor water park!  We had a blast at the water park, and actually ran into my friend Tammy there that has two little girls the same ages as our two.  The kids all had even more fun running around together.  Tammy's little one had turned 4 the Wednesday before and they were celebrating too!

Saturday afternoon we came back home, wiped out, but still had presents to open!  Allie didn't want to leave the water park that day, but I told her, "We have to go home and open your presents!"  She looked confused and said, "I get presents?"  We said, "YES!!"  She asked, "Are they under the tree?"  Haha!  And for the record, the tree has been down for awhile now.

I love this one.  4. Years. Old.  Wow!

Being patient, waiting for daddy to come in from outside.

This next picture has a funny story.  This is the card from Mimi and Papa.  Mimi had written "Allison" on the front of the envelope.  Do you see the expression on Allie's face?  Right after I took this, she looked up at me and said, "Heeeeey!  What is this "s-o-n" doing on MY NAME?"  She has been writing her name at preschool (and at home, and anywhere else she can find a piece of paper and writing instrument!), and she writes it A-l-l-i and she finally started adding the e.  At school she is Allie B, at home Allie Gator, and she is rarely called Allison (usually just when she is trying my patience!).  And she really never sees it in print.  I thought that was too cute!


Today Allie and I took Asher to school - normally he rides the bus to school on Fridays and we stay home.  I then took Allie to the Y, something she hasn't done since August when Asher started school but preschool hadn't started yet.  She was soooo excited to go to the Y, especially when I told her that her friend Karlee would be there (my friend Amber's little girl that is Allie's age).  After the Y, we ran over to my friend Anita's house to help her with her sewing machine.  Allie got to play with the toys but was a little sad that her friends Emma & Maddie weren't there, they have school on Fridays!  We then headed downtown to the salon for Allie to have her hair trimmed.  She hadn't had her hair cut there before.  The stylist, Ms Patti, did a wonderful job.  Allie had a shampoo (first time) and then a perfect hair cut finished with a blow dry and style.  Allie did a great job listening and holding still!  After her haircut, we picked up lunch and went to my friend Melinda's house to visit for a few hours.  Cece turns 4 in a couple of weeks, so the girls exchanged gifts. Busy, fun day!

Doing a good job holding still.

Pretty hair!

Best Friends, Cece & Allie