Severe weather rolled through Kentucky last night and mainly this morning. John and I barely slept, as the Weather Alert Radio kept going off starting around 1a I think clear til 6a. Thankfully no tornadoes, but serious winds did a number on our farm! Trash cans blown clear to the barn, and they were FULL of trash! The trash bags in them scattered throughout the fields. Shingles/roofing damage to barn and bird pen. And most of all, this:
That WAS our children's playset! The slide broke off and ended up in the garden, about 50 feet away. It got tangled up in tomato stakes or I am sure it would have gone even farther! One of the screens that covers the sandbox is pinned under the playset, the other John found down at the bird pen (barn) about 250 feet away. It blew up against it so didn't go any further. John has already mentioned the words "chainsaw" and "starting fresh" in regards to the playset. Ironically I have been looking into a new one, this one is pretty ragged - it came with the farm and has been set up since 2004. So, I guess we will be playset shopping!
I have no idea how the rest of the town has fared, as John didn't have to go into work today and I stayed home as the children rode the bus to school. I know that the river & creeks have been rising and I am not sure what type of flood damage has happened on top of wind damage.
