Sunday, February 27, 2011

Almost March...

The time is going by so quickly!  It's hard to believe that in a mere two days it will be March 1.  And that in a mere two weeks, it will be Daylight Savings Time!  We have had some warmer days here in Kentucky, and the Spring-like weather has all of us in the mood to spend time outside, and definitely making me feel nest-y inside with Spring Cleaning/Organizing.  I actually saw a groundhog by the school last week.  Come on, Spring!

I have also gotten back into my Scrapbooking grove lately (yay!).  I mentioned in the last post that I had spent a day over at my friend Anita's house, as she has a newly reorganized scrap area set up that's perfect for a guest.  Since then I have been able to spend another day over there creating with her, and we have a day planned this upcoming week.  It has made me feel more creative here at home too, and I have spent some time in my own craft room creating layouts as well as organizing and sorting.  I love getting my right brain moving!  Makes me feel so much better overall when I am able to create. 
Allie has a new obsession:  Squinkies.  These are little toys that each come in a small, clear, round container like you get from a gumball/toy machine.  Allie has a teapot gumball toy that can fit five squinkies at a time, and you put a little "coin" in and turn the handle and out comes a Squinkie Surprise!  At Walmart yesterday, she spent some of her birthday money on a Squinkie display holder.  The other day she and John were playing Squinkies, and she held up the bumblebee and said, "Look Daddy, a humble-bee!"  Here are a couple of pictures of her playing yesterday (note the "humble-bee" in the top picture).
 
Allie looks forward to ballet each week, and starts asking around Monday if it is time to go yet.  She goes every Thursday for a half hour.  The recital will be April 28, and is a variation of Swan Lake.  Allie was moved to the second class that starts at 5:30 instead of 5, and she is only in there with two other girls, my friend Amber's little girls.
Making their Swans

Here's a photo I wanted to share of a peaceful sunset from our front porch.  In the hectic pace of life, I love taking a breather and watching the sunset - to be reminded of the beauty around us and the amazing life God has given us.  "God sure makes pretty sunsets, huh Mom?" is one of my favorite sentences to hear from my children.
Sunset from our front porch, taken Feb 17
Asher brought home this artwork last week, and I was stunned!  I love it!!
Snowy Night by Asher
Last Sunday John and I attended the Partnership Class after church services at CrossPoint, and decided to officially join the church!  It feels very right and I am at peace with this decision.  The energy and enthusiasm is contagious, and we hope to find our niche serving and also continuing to grow in our walk with God.  Unfortunately this Sunday we missed, our first time!  Allie has been battling a head cold, and although she isn't running a fever, she is pretty snotty - John is on call and therefore I couldn't leave her at home.  Allie was quite mad at me for saying we had to miss.  Today was the last day in our current series, The Monsters Within.  I am anxiously awaiting the blog post from Pastor Kevin tomorrow that will highlight the sermon!

And finally, we received several photos from the Children's Home in Mexico this past week, of their Christmas shopping.  These kids hold a very special place in our hearts; God is incredible in providing for them, and we are humbled to be a part of that.  They shop in Mexico, as the dollar can go a lot further there than in the USA!  We always love receiving pictures from them, below are three of my favorites.  These pictures make my heart very joyful!  Take a minute, if you will, to say a prayer for them!