Thursday, August 25, 2011

Allie's First Day of Preschool 2011

I know this is Allie's second year of preschool, but first days are always special. She started back on Monday the 22nd, none too soon for her seeing as how Asher got to go back on the 11th!  She was even more excited than last year, I'm sure because she knew what to expect going back into the same classroom and teacher.  There are only a handful of returning preschoolers, and only 6 girls to 13 boys!  Her teacher sent home a note yesterday saying what a "delight" Allie is, and how she is helping her throughout the day, and emerging as a leader.

I had a conversation with Allie over the weekend that went something like this:

Me:  Allie, what do you think Mommy will do all day with both you and Asher at school?  The house will be so quiet.
Allie:  Hmm, I know Mommy!  You can do laundry!
Me: Laundry, huh?
Allie:  Yes!  Laundry is FUN!

And the sweet thing is, she really thinks it is!

I am still getting used to not having the kids with me during the day, especially my little sidekick.  I will be at the store and think, "Where's Allie?!" before remembering she is at school.  I will instinctively turn the TV down at loud parts before remembering she isn't in her room napping.  I do miss them both, and am more than ready to greet them at the bus each afternoon.

Here are some photos from her first morning!

Outside of the school.

Waiting to get into the classroom.

Putting her things up in her cubby.

Posing with her best friend, Cece.

Found her seat at her table.

Getting a big hug from Mrs DeLong.