Wednesday, February 27, 2008

nap time = productivity!

Many of you have commented here and on email about how I have time for all this - two words, baby! NAP TIME!!! Allie has been taking 2-3 hour naps every day. It is fabulous. In the mornings we take Ash to school, then eat breakfast, play and then quick lunch around 11 and then down for a nap. Then it is my craft time! I get my chores done in the morning (with little girl help sometimes, LOL). I have been getting showered right after John in the mornings, before the kiddos get up, and wow what a difference that makes. I am dressed and awake and ready for the day by 6:30 am. Today is another SNOW DAY! It is beautiful, powdery soft 3 inches of snow outside. St Patrick's is actually on a two hour delay, but we all know how I feel about that. Mason County is closed. I heard yesterday that Mason County already has to make up 9 days at the end of the year. Yesterday, John was home by noon. Which was great, as he is still sick and the day before, had to work 15 hours! He really felt crummy that day and that was about the worst thing for trying to recuperate, to be at work that long. Thankfully he did not get called in overnight though. So we were glad for a relatively short day on Tuesday. I got Allie down for her nap and then visited with John for about an hour and a half or so. Then I got to business on Ginger's blanket while John watched the stock market. I was able to cut, pin, and sew Ginger's blanket before Allie got up. John went to get Ash for me at 2:30 pm which was a nice break. I didn't want to get Allie out in that. Once Allie got up, we nursed and then played a bit and then I had her in the pack-n-play outside my craft room downstairs so I could top stitch and finish Ginger's blanket. And I got it done and pics taken by the time John got back with Ash. Here are pics of the final installment in the Larsen ISU blanket extravaganza! I am so happy to have gotten all the practice in on these blankets, thank you to Ginger and family for being my guinea pigs. ;) It has been a challenge, but I have enjoyed doing it for them and take pleasure in knowing they will enjoy these blankets for years to come. I am so proud of myself for getting everything done in time for our trip, too! I have a thick stack to take to her! Last night Ash and Allie were playing in our entertainment center. There are cabinets under it and one is cleared out for Allie to be able to open and put toys in. The rest are off limits, LOL. Anyway Ash figured out he could squeeze in the cabinet and shut himself in completely, then Allie would toddle around and then go open it to "find" him. They entertained themselves like that for 20 minutes while I was waiting for the nightly news to show the Starbucks story about them closing all stores nationwide last night for 3 hours for retraining baristas. I wish I could have snapped some pics but my camera battery was recharging! Today Asher and I are going to play in the snow when we get Allie down for her nap. I'll let the dogs out to play, too. They love to romp around in it! I will take pics this time! ;)