Thursday, March 13, 2008

End of February: EMBRACE

Wow, February flew by (of course) being such a short month, and then preparing for our 9 day trip. I feel behind already for March. Here it is the 13th, and I am just now getting back into blogging. I also didn't get a few things done on my goal list, but that's OK, no pity party. It is what it is, so deal! It was a wonderful month! I did scrapbook my goal of 5 layouts and I handmade over 20 cards. My word of the month for February was EMBRACE and I am really proud of myself for EMBRACING the mindsets I listed for myself. I wanted to EMBRACE something new, such as tote bags for kids and grownups, too. And I did! I sewed several kid totes and also two grown up totes. I enjoyed it so much, plan to continue sewing them. I wanted to EMBRACE myself, for who I am now. NO NEGATIVE thinking about my weight, mistakes I make, etc. Just being happy with who I am and where I am, and I do feel like I did this. I wanted to EMBRACE the mornings, and I truly felt a difference with this mindset in place. 9 times out of 10 I was up and showered before kiddos, and wow that makes such a difference. Sleeping longer would be great, but it isn't worth the feeling of being behind and not fully awake if I didn't shower right away - I am crabby with the kids and not inspired feeling at all. I wanted to work on EMBRACING romance and can I say that John is a happier husband as I truly took this to heart - read a great book and was very inspired all month long to make serious changes in my attitude and how I approach our relationship. I want to continue making this a priority in our marriage. I wanted to EMBRACE being silly and letting go, just be goofy with the kids - the laundry and vacuuming can wait - and I did! Asher and I have played lots of board games and also the Wii, and Allie loves for me to just be with her on the floor making up silly songs and games. Most of all, I EMBRACED LIFE and I want to remember and keep that attitude with me every day, all year long!