Saturday, June 28, 2008
lots done
It's been a productive past few days. Today I cooked the family blueberry waffles with fresh picked blueberries in them - while picking the blueberries I also worked on weeding the plants and have 50 of the 60 plants now done (this has been a work in progress this past week as I am doing it by hand). John cooked us bacon and we had a nice brunch. I cleaned up the kitchen, did laundry, got Allie down for her nap, and then cleaned both upstairs bathrooms INCLUDING our shower which I hate cleaning those itty-bitty glass door showers! I would so have done that master bath differently. But anyway.
Once I got all that done, including showering myself, LOL, I came downstairs to craft! I made a hair clippie holder for Sara (at my in-law's church) and one for Annabeth (Ginger's daughter who turns 2 next Saturday). I then made 6 clippies for Annabeth. I also finished hot gluing the bows on the crayon keepers I sewed last night after John went to bed - I crafted from 10:15 pm to about midnight. I sewed Annabeth her crayon keeper which coordinates with her tote bag, and I sewed Evan's crayon keeper as the one I gave him for his birthday I was not happy with. It was the first one I had done, had no flap and the twistables kept falling out.
I also crafted a couple new clippies for Allie, one is a huge daisy flower which she LOVED and insisted on wearing all afternoon. I love it. We have gone from pulling them out (which she still does on occasion) to picking our own out and then we sit on the bathroom counter and she watches in the mirror while I put it in, then I swear she prances around! It's so cute! John is like, oh great.
Here are a couple of pics of Allie that I took this afternoon with the big daisy.
OK it is now Sunday afternoon. I started this post yesterday and SURPRISE! Didn't have time to finish!
I also took pics this morning, and was barely able to upload before the camera battery died, of the projects I have completed. Here they are:
Annabeth's clippies. Their family is HUGE Iowa State fans, so these clippie streamers (to be placed above pigtails) are in honor of that!

Also, here are the hair clippie holders I made, the first for Annabeth and the next for Sara. The ribbon is attached to a D-Ring which can be hung from a small nail in the wall, yet the big flower hides the ring.

And here are pics of the coordinating tote bag/crayon keeper that Cathy is taking to her church board meeting (along with a boy version I have to do) to show them to see if they want to purchase, as since the kids stay in the big church area with the grownups, she was thinking of having a few of these on hand filled with lots of quiet activities, for the kids to do. I also am hoping to make several more sets of these for the craft booth at the Balloon Festival that Melanie will have set up - I am planning to help her man the booth and hopefully sell a few things.
Annabeth's tote and crayon keeper. First time experimenting with an initial.
Evan's new crayon keeper:
The inside of the crayon keepers:
Crayon keeper folded over on itself, before rolling:
I have been changing and tweaking the design and am still thinking of different changes to make. I like the velcro closure, but also am thinking of going back to just the ribbon tie closure. I also have not experimented with the tall twistables being a double yet. I may do one of those today to see how that turns out.
I also need to make a handful of doll blankies for Sara as that is the last thing on the list for her, and I want to mail out that box as well as Ginger's box tomorrow.
I have uploaded the other pics I took of Ash and Allie playing outside yesterday, so be looking for those on Snapfish.
OK, can't think of a thing else to type. I just laid Allie down for her nap, and Asher and John are outside doing stuff. I am going to finish up here and go craft some more!