Sunday, June 22, 2008

Wondering how it went?

I meant to get on yesterday to update on how my CROP went Friday night, but never got the chance. Actually, come to think of it, I could have, I just didn't have the pics ready as I had a few finishing touches on a couple of my layouts that I needed to complete.

So, I had a BLAST and would totally do it again. The only downside was I got home at almost 12:30 am and was so keyed up I couldn't go to sleep until well after 2:30 am!! Aaagghh!! I did okay the next morning, but by late afternoon was totally beat.

Anyway - the crop was a lot of fun. My friend Anita was there and I got to sit across from her. I got to use her Cricut (cool die cutting machine) for the "circle of love" layout title. It was just really cool to have some ME time and for that time to be set aside for scrapbooking was even better. I got SIX layouts done, making my total for the month 17! My goal was 10, so WOOHOO! And the month's not over yet!

Oh, let me back up to Friday afternoon. Shortly after posting my last entry, I think it was around 4 pm, John had the idea for us all to go to Wal-Mart, but in two separate cars, and shop (I wanted some particular things, normally he goes alone) and then I go my way and he take the kids and groceries home. So that worked out fine, I got all my scrap stuff packed up and loaded and we went to WM until 5:50 pm. Then John took a truckload of groceries and two tired, hungry, fussy children home while I went to deSha's (the nicest restaurant in town IMO) and had a really nice, quiet steak dinner. Just me and the paper which I actually got to read cover to cover with only a few interruptions from my server! It was lovely!!! After I left deSha's I hit McDonald's for a big cup of coffee (the best coffee in our little town, sad isn't it?) and then made it to the scrapbook store a touch after 7 pm.

So, here are my layouts:







Yesterday I crafted during Allie's naptime and got a lot accomplished. I made another tote bag, same fabric as the other ladybug one, and also made 7 hair clippies for the little girl Sara I told ya'll about. Here are pics of the clippies:

Aren't they adorable??? I love making girly stuff!

And here is the double crayon keeper I constructed the other day that I blogged about needing to finish up with hot glue and then I would take pics. This is also for Sara, she just turned 4 and I think will just love having all those crayons for church as there is no "children's church".

The keeper opened up, holds 16 crayons (or in this case, twistables):
Folds over on itself, so no crayons fall out, and there is the handle.
Starting the roll...
All rolled up and ready to go, with a handle!
Today has been a hot workday. John has been in the fields since before noon dealing with the hay. As soon as I got Allie down, I went out to help, but he was still raking and didn't need help yet, so Ash and I played outside with Penny after doing our chores, and then Ash swam (with his lifejacket, I didn't feel like getting in). When John was done raking, I hopped on the tractor and Ash rode in the flatbed trailer and John walked alongside it picking up the square bales while I moseyed on up to each one. That was my first time to drive the tractor and it is a workout! The clutch and brakes need some serious leg muscle. We got most of them on the trailer, the rest were unfortunately too wet from baling yesterday. We thought the hay dry enough yesterday but it wasn't quite. So now we have to contend with possible mold in those bales which is SO FRUSTRATING. Plus, the square baler is really messing up. It would bale 3 or 4 bales fine, and then get all tangled up and John would have to stop and cut all the twine out and fix it. Then, the sensor would miss sometimes and the bale wouldn't stop and get tied but it would be like TWO bales long and then tie, which is SO HEAVY and awkward John simply could not lift some of them.

He says the round baler and the square baler are both going to auction. He is fed up with them both. We had trouble last year with this same square baler and spent $300 to have this issue fixed, yet here it is doing it again.

He is also so fed up with haying period. He just kept saying "this is the most miserable experience" and "I can't believe we won't even make $200 of this" blah, blah, blah. And I heartily agree. The problem is, if you have someone else do it, you are on their timetable and there are just a host of issues on both sides.

We have also had the big smoker fired up all day with two slabs of pork ribs and a beef eye of round on. YUMMMMM. It should be ready soon.