Tuesday, July 1, 2008

July = APPRECIATE

Hello and welcome July!!! I am ready for you! The word of the month is APPRECIATE. And it's a good one as my brain is spilling over with ways to incorporate this. And who doesn't need a little more appreciation in their lives, every day? So, first thing first that I wanted to start doing - the definition: APPRECIATE (verb) 1. to be grateful or thankful for 2. to view as valuable 3. to be fully conscious of; be aware of; detect 4. to increase in value Hmm, that's pretty awesome! And definitely what I want to focus on this month! I WILL APPRECIATE: freedom...health...family...fireflies...homegrown fruit & veggies...clean air...John's work ethic...childhood innocence...silly things Asher says...independence...ability to craft...quiet mornings nursing Allie...lazy summer days...our land. I could go on and on but that is a good start. The main thing is to make a conscious effort, every morning when I wake up, to breathe, slow down, and APPRECIATE where I am in my life RIGHT NOW. The good and the bad and the craziness. To not get all frustrated when things don't go the way I want them to right this second. My mind is always going, always thinking and I want to slow it down and appreciate this last month before Asher starts kindergarten and we plunge headfirst into the official school years. I also plan to continue to keep lists on the sidebar of to-dos, craft projects, and happenings. Come on, July!