Monday, November 17, 2008
cold and snowing?
Snow? Really? It's not even Thanksgiving yet! We had some spitting and sputtering of it yesterday, and on our way to brunch with the Maves Family Asher says, "Oh great, it's snowing and we don't even have our Christmas tree up yet! We're never going to get that tree up!" LOL! I explained to him that it was just November 16th and Christmas wasn't until December 25, and that last year we didn't put up the tree and decorations until the first of December. He was like, oh, okay then. He is so very dramatic and I just don't know where he gets that from. hehehe.
More snow pellets today, and apparently the wind blew open the shop door which scared me, as it was closed when I took the pups out this morning to their kennel and then I look out of the kitchen window around noon and it is snowing and the door is wide open! Some of the quail chicks are still in there, and it was coooold in there.
This is a busy week for John. 3 OR rooms (out of 3) running every day, and he is on call Mon/Wed/Fri/Sat/Sun. When we were talking last night we both said we had a feeling it was going to be a rough week.
The latest report on Trevor is he is running a fever and his heart rate is really high, they don't know why. He had some more tests run today and they are waiting on results. Hopefully his body isn't fighting the port they placed last Thursday. Please continue to pray! The official results from his biopsy should be in today or tomorrow although the doctor's are pretty confident it is Ewing's Sarcoma. But until the official diagnosis is made they can't start Chemotherapy. I'll keep everyone posted.
I don't have much else to report on. It's just Monday and I knew I wanted to get my quote and picture of the week changed. I have a bit of a headache and think I will go watch TV for a bit until time to get Asher from the bus.