Friday, November 14, 2008
a little sweetness
I have been meaning to get this down in the blog for posterity - another cute Asher saying!
He has spelling words every week (yes, in KINDERGARTEN!). Anyway, one of his "bonus" words this week was "mist". So on the first night of homework for the week, Monday, I am reading out his spelling words and then he has to write them 3x each. Of course he needs help spelling them the first couple of days. To help him put things into context I always use the word in a sentence. I get to "mist" and he says, "Oh, I know how to use that one! 'I mist the school bus!'" Yes, we actually had 'mist' the school bus on Halloween for the first time this year! I was laughing, it was so cute, but he was looking at me confused and I had to do the whole explanation of how yes it sounds like the right word, missed, but it means something completely different, that it is like rain or the water squirt bottle that we wet his hair down with, the water comes out a mist, blah, blah, blah. He was so proud of himself too that I hated to even correct it. LOL!!!
I have been going back through the blog updating "labels" so that when I need a quick reference for scrapbooking or if someone wants to see pictures, etc, all you have to do is click the label you want and it will bring up all the posts that have that label attached to it. I added the "Labels" tab on the sidebar underneath the "Archive" if anyone is interested in reliving any old posts, lol.
OK, on to try to craft a bit while Allie is snoozing!