Monday, February 16, 2009
Ready for a new week!
It's Monday, and I have gotten a lot done already this morning around the house. We had a great weekend together as a family. It was so nice for John to not be on call for 3 straight days! lol.
Friday evening we did end up having a bonfire. It was so peaceful all 4 of us together outside, enjoying the view and each other. We tossed the football, tended the fire, and Allie had to get a ride in on her swing (she loves the swing now, she calls it ZOOM!). We decided against roasting marshmallows since we were already on candy overload from the Valentine festivities.
Saturday Ash and I played the Wii (Star Wars Saga, here we go again) while John went to WalMart for the weekly stuff and Allie napped. Around 5p we loaded up and drove over to Northern Kentucky to the Chuck E Cheese for a Valentine's Night Out with the family. Asher has been doing so incredibly well at school - behavior wise and with his work. He also has been such a great help around the house and farm. We are so proud of him and have been telling him that, but we wanted to do something extra special to reward him, so the surprise to CEC was it! HE LOVED IT! And so did Allie. It was busy, but nothing too extreme. We had pizza and salad and the kids went nuts playing all the games. I hit a Jackpot on one game, and Ash scored big on another a couple of times, and with 90 tokens we ended up winning over 400 tickets. The kids were able to pick out several items as souvenirs. We spent about 2 hours in there but it felt like 4! LOL.
Sunday morning WE MADE IT TO CHURCH! Yay! I kind of wanted to try a new church, but it started at 10 and we weren't going to make it, so we ended up going to the one down the road from us that we have been to several times. They had made some changes (for the better) and we enjoyed the service tremendously. The preacher talked about marriage (he has counseled marriages for 25 years) and relationships (with spouse and children). It was right on as usual - his preaching is very sound and straight from the Bible. I love how he lets the Lord led him and doesn't feel like he has to follow a strict outline for his sermon.
Tomorrow I am hosting Playgroup as a make-up from last week. I am looking forward to having company and I know Allie will love having her friends over! Tomorrow evening we are all going to Asher's school for a Fundraising Dinner & Raffle and the kindergarteners are going to sing. Ash is super excited.
Time for lunch!