Friday, February 27, 2009

Pictures Galore!

Warning! Picture overload! :) This pic is some of Asher's homework from January. I love the one of the left, he had to draw a picture and then write a sentence about something he did over the Christmas Break. He drew a fire and Grampa and wrote, "We had a campfire at grampas." He loved having the campfire and helping my dad outside, it was all he talked about for weeks after getting back home! Oh how I wish we lived closer than 12 hours. For those of you fortunate enough to be close to family, and have your parents/in-laws be a regular fixture in their lives, don't take it for granted!! It is such a special relationship, one I try to foster as much as I can, and I try to not dwell on the sad part and rejoice that we are able to email/phone/travel and keep up with each other that way. Here is a pic of my latest sewing project, a drawstring tote bag. I am pleased with my first attempt but already know what changes I would make! It is Amy Butler's In Town Bag pattern. Here is a glimpse of the nightly routine at our kitchen counter M-Th around 5pm. Asher working hard on his homework (Spelling, Math, Reading) and Allie being a big kid, too and doing her own homework. Notice how she has to have the same type of pencil and paper as Asher! She also repeats his "sight words" on the flashcards and colors pictures. Here is my one layout I have managed to get done this month (so far, the month's now over yet, lol). And here are two views of the "playroom" since we had the generator installed in December. We have steamed off all that wallpaper border, but I haven't primed the walls yet as I am waiting for John to rehang the drywall. The breaker box to the right is the new one that was installed, but both boxes are still used. I have kept the TV area set up and that is where Allie and the pups are right this minute while I am trying to get this posted! lol Here are a few pictures of the other part of the basement, we haven't done anything to this area since we moved in May 2007 - the pool table was left by the previous owners. It is now the playroom until we get the old playroom back in order! Then, we'll remove the border in this area and paint. And finally here are a couple of shots of my craft room, located in the basement off the big area where the pool table is - it is a mess as I am in the middle of a layout. I am pretty cramped in here and am trying to figure out what to do about it, lol. I am so grateful for having any space however - not complaining over here! Whew! OK, it's FRIDAY! Yay! Some pretty bad thunderstorms rolled in about 4 am. Lots of wind and rain. I think Ash slept right through all of it, but I heard Allie rustling around and coughing (she is doing lots better, but still has a a runny nose and chest congestion, but she's at least eating and playing). We had been sleeping with the windows open, so I got up to shut those and basically just dozed until 6:30 am. Between Allie, the Weather Alert Radio, and the wind I didn't get back to a good sleep! It is 50 degrees outside right now, but the temp is supposed to be dropping today and we might get some snow this weekend! Come on Spring! Some excitement this morning. I was on the phone with a friend catching up, and I look out the back windows and see most of our quail wandering around the barn area. Eek! They got out last weekend when their door blew open, and Asher and I helped John round them up. So I got Allie secured in her highchair with a show and headed out into the wind and drizzle to try to get them back in their pen. There must have been close to 200 out, and about 25 in the pen. The door had blown just a touch open, just enough for them to get out. I rounded them up the best I could, but about 30 or so didn't get put back up. They weren't cooperating and kept heading into the barn and I had had enough. I sprinkled some of their feed outside of the pen, and we'll give it another try later today or tomorrow. Also, on Monday during Allie's naptime, I heard the buzzer on our driveway (we have an alert thing that is motion sensitive). I looked out the window and saw a HORSE walking up the drive! What in the world?! It then headed into the field and trotted around a couple of times, obviously lost. I thought it looked like our farm neighbor whose land connects to ours, but wasn't sure how it had gotten out since it came up the drive area, not the shared fence area! Crazy! I called our across the street farm neighbors, who are taking care of the cattle/horses for the farmer whose land connects to ours, while he and his wife are in Florida for the winter. They didn't answer the home phone and I don't have their cell #. So I call my farm neighbor on his cell in Florida, and thankfully he answered. I quickly told him what was going on, and that I wasn't sure it was one of his horses, but it did look like it, and he said he would call the other neighbors on their cell and take care of it. Meanwhile the horse has trotted back down the driveway and out of sight! Later I got a message on my cell from my neighbor telling me thank you for calling him, that it was one of his and he had gotten ahold of the other farmer and he was rounding them up, the gate had apparently been left open. It's always something exciting out here in the country! lol OK, it's lunchtime and Allie-bee has been a good girl keeping herself entertained so I could type this out! Not sure what our plans are this weekend, John isn't on call. I do plan to make church as long as we are all healthy enough!