Friday, April 3, 2009
Pretty Princess Piggies
I painted Allie's toenails for the first time ever on Monday. She loves them and calls them Pretty Princess Piggies. I finally took a picture yesterday - gotta document that for the scrapbook! Here she is in her light up shoes that Gramma Billie sent last summer, note how they are getting a bit small??? She still loves them though and I cringe to think of the fit I will hear when they finally have to go bye-bye to be passed on to my niece's little girl! :)
Here are a couple more pics I snapped - she kept playing this music card Ash got for Valentine's Day from Mimi. It does the "Who Let The Dogs Out?" song and Allie is so funny doing the "who, who, who, who" part.
While I was getting Allie ready for the day yesterday morning, we finished with her hair and as usual I said how pretty she was. Then I asked her, "Who made you so pretty?" This is something I say to Asher as well, but of course with him it is handsome. LOL. I then will tell them Jesus is who made them. And in the cutest voice she said, "Jesus!" It was precious. Oh I wish I had that digital video camera I have been wanting to capture these moments! At least I can write them down. :)
I mentioned last week that I received a jury summons letter. I typed out a letter in response requesting to be excused from this service as it would cause "undue hardship". I would love to do it, but with John's work schedule it would be extremely difficult if not impossible to keep up with the children and farm. I have been anxiously awaiting a return letter letting me know if I was excused or not. I didn't have high hopes as I heard it isn't easy being excused, but I was staying positive. To make matters worse, my summons start date was May 4, and my mom is coming for a visit on May 11. I could have potentially been on jury service for up to 3 months! The return letter arrived yesterday and I ripped it open, my hands shaking, hoping and praying, and thankfully the box was checked that I was excused! Praise God! That was obviously the best outcome, as I knew they could have deferred my service or denied me altogether. I was so thrilled I had to flag John down while he was on the mower to tell him! I am so relieved!!!
It was a beautiful day here yesterday. Upper 70s and partly cloudy. John started mowing around 3:30, I got Asher from the bus and then John hopped off the mower and watched the kids so I could mow some too - as many of you all know I LOVE TO MOW. I was able to get almost all of the rest done before dark clouds rolled in and a thunderstorm started. We "finish" mow about 3-4 acres, of course that is spread out through the fruit trees, blueberries, raspberries, grapes, barn, etc, etc so it is not cut and dry. Start to finish took 2 1/2 hours last summer, but this year I expect it will take maybe 30-45 minutes longer as we added all the peach trees and are adding the raspberries, it adds time when you have to maneuver!
Yesterday our 4 packages of bees arrived - a day early! John was on call, but his buddy Jeff covered for him so he could drive down to get them (about an hour away). We really needed to get them settled in that day as the weather was perfect, and rain was expected later and also all day today. Here are some pics. This is how you get them, secured in a mesh box like this. This is around 20,000 - 30,000 bees.
John took all 4 of them to one of the farms we have beehives on. That farm is close to a greenhouse that the bees get to take advantage of! We already had 3 hives there and they did really well last summer and wintered well, so hopefully these will also thrive there.
Here is a pic I snapped of some of the fence supplies John has gotten. We're hoping the workers will be here Monday. We can't wait!
I think you can click on any photo to enlarge it if need be.
Asher aced his Spelling test yesterday, even the bonus words. He didn't miss one word the entire month of March! I am so proud of him! He said he thought he deserved to go to Chuck E Cheese for that. LOL.
Alright, I think that's about it for now!