Since the older children were in a different area hunting, I wasn't able to get any pics of Asher. :( He said he had a great time though and had a huge bag of eggs to show for it! Here he is in the car as we were getting ready to leave.
Monday, April 13, 2009
Monday Again?
I didn't realize I hadn't blogged since last Monday! I meant to get on here a couple of times and then FarmTown stole my attention. For those that don't know what the heck that is, it's a game app on Facebook that I am totally addicted to!
Here is a cute pic I wanted to put on here of Allie kicking back watching PBS Kids one morning last week. This is the first time I have seen her sit like this in her chair! lol
Last Thursday we met our friends the Maves for dinner at our local Mexican joint. Their daughter Catie was in (from her private high school in another state) for the Easter holiday and it was great to see her. The kids adore her. We are so glad she will be home this summer to attend the community college here! After dinner Ash and I met my friend Anita and her 5 yr old Emma at the movies to see Monsters v. Aliens. It was a bit slow at first but got better. Ash really enjoyed it. It was in 2D but that's OK. Not sure if he would have handled wearing the 3D glasses the entire movie! His favorite line from the movie is, "You can't crush a cockroach!" lol
Friday Allie and I went to Asher's school around 10 am for his class egg hunt. Allie and I really enjoy visiting his class! I can hardly believe there are only 35 school days left of Kindergarten! :(
I hope everyone had a wonderful Easter weekend. We sure did. John was on call and did have to work until late Friday night. We colored eggs Saturday afternoon and the kids did great! I did pretty good too. (That type of MESS is hard for me!) It was Allie's first time to color eggs. We experimented with tie-dying the eggs and did some shrink wrap which Asher liked and John thought was really cool - he hadn't seen that before.
Ash got to color 6 at school on Friday and those are in this picture too. Can you tell which ones? Hint, they are very pastel colored. lol
John got called in about 10:30p Saturday, and ended up having to stay the night. He didn't get home until about noon on Sunday. So he missed the Sunday morning Easter Basket Hunt. :( The Easter Bunny always hides the baskets somewhere in the house for the children to find. He did this for me when I was little, and the tradition has continued! The kids love it! Here's a pic of them with their new sunglasses as they were digging into their baskets.
I took the kids to a friend's church for Easter service and an egg hunt afterward. Although that will not be our home church, I was glad to at least be in church on Resurrection Day and have the children there as well! Here is the best pic I got as we were leaving for church. It was cold and windy and Asher was not happy I made him take off his sunglasses. They looked so cute in their Sunday clothes, but they had to wear their adorable sweaters that Mimi sent so it covered them up a bit.
The kids enjoyed children's church together, and then after services they split up to hunt eggs. Allie's age group was in the gym. She picked up the first 2 eggs and put them in her bag, and then the 3rd egg she shook and when it made a sound she opened it and realized it had candy in it! Well that was that. In the mouth it went and then every egg she found she had to open to see what was in it! We had jelly beans everywhere!
Since the older children were in a different area hunting, I wasn't able to get any pics of Asher. :( He said he had a great time though and had a huge bag of eggs to show for it! Here he is in the car as we were getting ready to leave.
We came home, ate lunch and then in the crib Allie went for nap. Ash and I played Star Wars Wii for awhile and after naptime the kids hunted eggs. Here they are getting ready to start the hunt!
Asher of course is a pro by now, and I had to tell him the pink and purple eggs were for Allie but the rest were a free-for-all. LOL. Allie finally got the hang of it, and would find one and then say, "More eggs! More eggs!" She did have to inspect every egg though before she would pick it up.
And I love this final pic from the hunt! These children are so precious and such a blessing!
After the hunt, I hopped on the mower. I love mowing as I have mentioned. The hum of nothing but the engine, seeing immediate crisp results, being outside, enjoying the view. I guess a combination of all those things make me love it so much. It's my therapy! I just let my mind relax. I think it is the "white noise" of the mower that helps put me in bliss mode! LOL.
We had put a ham in the oven, so while I was mowing John finished our Easter Sunday meal with cheesy potatos, green beans, corn bread and turtle brownies. Talk about a feast!
We are so mindful of what our Savior did for us, and grateful beyond words. Praise God for his Mercy and Grace! I hope you all have a wonderful week!
Since the older children were in a different area hunting, I wasn't able to get any pics of Asher. :( He said he had a great time though and had a huge bag of eggs to show for it! Here he is in the car as we were getting ready to leave.