I know I had at least 3 things I wanted to get down on the blog. And now that I am actually sitting here at the computer, I can't think of one. I need to go back to typing in my phone when I think of things, instead of relying on my not-so-perfect-anymore memory...
John gets home later tonight from his weekend of extra call work in southern KY. The kids and I have really missed him these last couple of days! Not to mention I am way bummed that he won't be here for the Super Bowl. We weren't even thinking about that when we chose this weekend. I told him I would record it but of course that's not quite the same.
Ok I looked at my "upload" file in my pictures and remembered I wanted to share these.
Here's Allie in her birthday present from my friend Melanie, who is a creative sewing genius. It's an owl hooded towel and Allie HAS to use it to dry off after every bath! This morning she got out of the tub and had a minor meltdown as I was using a regular towel. She calls it her "owl towel" and it was in the washer!

And this is a shot of a page of Asher's schoolwork. A couple of weeks ago they were learning about the life cycle of butterflies. #3 answer cracked me up. The question reads "What do they make?" and the answer is supposed to read "chrysalis" but he wrote "a crisis". A crisis! HAHAHA. I remember thinking I really needed that laugh. :)

Alright, now we're getting somewhere. I pried my iPhone out of Asher's hands to sync it and checked my calendar ~ Allie had her 3 year checkup on Friday! She weighs 32 lbs and is 38" tall. That's 75th percentile for height and 50-75th for weight. She used to be 25th for weight so we were very glad to see her a little higher up. Her ped says her BMI is perfect. No issues other than typical 3 yr old stubbornness, and last I checked there's no cure for that.
Our Brittany Jill has really gotten bigger over the last week, and is extra thirsty. I am seeing the start of definition in her tummy. Only a little over 3 weeks to go! John went to the Tractor Supply Co yesterday and picked up a portable "exercise pen" that we will set up in the garage for Jill. John is building her a whelping box. This way she is contained but still able to move around, build her "nest" and be in a climate controlled area as it can still be pretty cold here first of March.
John's birthday was Wednesday and we did make itd to dinner with the Maves Family. It was great to get together with them finally, it had been months! We celebrated Allie's and John's birthdays and also exchanged Christmas. On the way home Asher kept exclaiming, "That was the best night of my life!" That boy is so enthusiastic and expressive. Still have no idea where he gets that from! ;)
On a side note. I just discovered a new show on USA called White Collar. I saw a commercial for it - that normally I would have fastforwarded through - while watching Burn Notice. I thought it looked intriguing, and I LOVE Burn Notice so I set it to record. I like how USA runs their shows again late at night so if you missed them you can catch them again, and let's just say thank goodness for DVR! I sat down last night after the kids were tucked in and watched two episodes back to back, and today during Allie's non-nap watched the third that was recorded. Cool show!
Time to wrap this up and get dinner going!