The curriculum comes from The reThink Group and I love how applicable it is to everyday life, and how it really makes it easy to open the lines of communication with the kids. It gives focus and direction for the week. We are reiterating that "kindness is showing others they are valuable by how you treat them". What I like about the virtue word is it reminds me of my One Little Word. We talk about it at bedtime, and on the way to school, and I am encouraging the kids to look for ways to show kindness to others. I am just really happy with the entire setup - can you tell??
For the grown ups, we started a new series for February called The Monsters Within. The "monsters" = unresolved issues of Greed, Jealousy, Anger & Guilt. How by not dealing with them, whether they happened 2 months ago or 20 years ago, no matter how you try to cover them up on the outside, they will fester and eventually rear their ugly heads. It was eye opening and included some powerful music. I am looking forward to what this Sunday's lesson holds!
Monday my oldest niece's little girl Hannah turned 3! Tuesday we had ANOTHER snow day. That would be lucky #13. I was really bummed as I missed yet another Library day at the school, where I volunteer. A friend and I alternate Tuesdays and I have not been in there since before Christmas Break! The one Tuesday that wasn't a snow day this semester, there was a presentation and therefore no library classes. Sigh. I miss it! I love volunteering in there! I have gotten to be in Asher's classroom 3x already this semester though.
Thankfully on Wednesday school was back in session. Our portion of Kentucky has barely missed the last few bad snowstorms that have hit so many states - we could be a lot worse off! I was able to get to the YMCA to workout and also have lunch with a good friend.
Thursday I had breakfast with Allie as a special Valentine treat. We both enjoyed that, and afterward I snapped this sweet photo of her and her BELOVED teacher, Mrs DeLong! This child loves school and her teachers sooooo very much. She had a great time exchanging valentines with her classmates. She came home with a big haul of candy, cookies, pencils, and other goodies!
![]() |
| Two Sweet Valentines |
Today was another busy day! Allie had her 4 Year Checkup at 9a, with Dr Mike and the great staff of nurses at the pediatrician's office. She is 42 1/4" tall, which is 90th percentile, and 39 lbs, which is 75th percentile. Her BMI falls in the 50th percentile. Dr Mike said, "She is a perfect & healthy little girl." We are grateful for that! After all the good news, it was time for FOUR vaccination boosters. Yikes! Allie cried pitifully, but was a trooper. After the last shot, the nurse handed her a goody bag with all sorts of candy and toys in it. I asked Allie, "What do you say?" thinking she wouldn't be able to make a sound, but she looked the nurse right in the eye, since she was squatted down to Allie's level, and said, "Thank you!" while leaning into her for a big hug. The nurse was astonished and asked, "Aren't you mad at me?" and Allie shook her head no. Awww!
Here are two photos of Allie getting checked over by Dr Mike!
After the appointment was done, we headed to a friend's house for a Valentine Playdate - she had a big bounce house set up in the basement and lots of Barbies and other toys. There were several friends, and after the kids had jumped and played for about an hour we all headed to lunch at the Country Club. The kids exchanged valentines and played more in the playroom there. I had to peel Allie away (and me, enjoyed talking with my friends too!!!) a little after 1p so I could get her home to nap.
When we got home, Allie showed John her band-aids and said, "I went to your work and the lady there SHOT ME! Those shots hurt." (The ped's office is in the Medical Office Building of the hospital.)



